Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can poses be pasted to different chars?

GizmoMkI

I have some old models that were built by John Markus years ago (unfortunately it seems his website has disappeared). They have some rudimentary mouth poses, but are not built with the Preston Blair phoneme set.

I customized several new characters using one of his models as a starting point, so they all have the same mesh, skeletal rigging, and pose sets.

Since attempting phonemes and dopesheets recently, I'm now wondering... if I build a set of Blair phonemes for one model, can I copy/paste those poses into the other models, and will they then work? Or is it going to be less simple than that?

post-432-1235641241_thumb.jpg

Here's a sample of what I originally did with them, back in 2004. Quality is poor as I limited the data rate trying to get a manageable size... it started as 45 meg. You'll also recognize Nick Porcino's Enterprise and bridge models in there, as well as Carmine Rizzolo's Star Spheres.

kirkvsborg.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what you described of the models, then yes, you can copy and paste poses. Have you tried? Or do you not know how to?

I had copy/pasted some simple poses I'd created for these models, such as eyebrow movement, but I hadn't tried to do it for something as sophisticated as a phoneme set, so I wasn't sure it could be done. Thanks for the help.

So long as they have the same bone names/set up and the same spline/cp numbers, yes they will trasfer over without issue.

Ok, I might be able to try it out then. I had pushed some control points around when giving some of the characters different features and changing the costumes, and although in at least one case I made a new wig, none of the control points or assignments around the mouth were changed. Thanks.