Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I can't get a dopesheet

macsbuddy

I've run into a problem. I've started working on an animation and I want a character to speak. However, I cannot get a dope sheet to appear. I know I've done this before, because I've done the "Can You Say That" exercise, but that was a long time ago. I've looked in the manuel and watched the video on how to make a character speak, but all they say is to click in the action window and hit "New Dope Sheet." But that option simply won't show up. I right click in the action window and scroll over to new. I can get a light, camera, volumetric effect, and a bunch of other stuff, but not a dope sheet. I'm stumped. (I'm using the 2006 version from a disk on a PC, if that makes a difference). If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated! Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have AM2006 open now and just recently worked with dopesheets for the first time myself so let me take a shot at this.

The options you say you're seeing makes it sound like you're right clicking the model and selecting new. Instead, you should right click Actions, since the dopesheet will appear as an option once you have the Action established.

First step should be to right click Actions, and when selecting New, choose Action. It will prompt you for which model you want to assign the action to. It will name this new action as Action1, but you can change that to something more specific if you want. If you only have one model in the project, such as the default Ground model of a choreography, it will automatically assign the new action to that

Now you should have Action1 showing in the workspace window. Right click Action1, select New, then near the bottom of the list, you should see Dopesheet as an option. When you select that, it will ask for the sentence to say.

Hope that gets you where you want to be.

Don't insult the Applesauce. Applesauce can be quite intelligent. I was playing chess with a jar of Applesauce the other night. It did not win of course but it did hold its own for a short while. After I won we discussed the economy and possible solutions. I then sprinkled some cinnamon on it and had a nice snack.

;)

-vern