Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cupid's Sick Day

Shelton

• Hash Fellow
What is the best way to place characters in the bus? To get him into place took me forever and I am still not happy.

The easiest way to get a character to move with another model is to "translate to" and "Orient like" constrain the character's model bone to a bone in the model; typically the bone that the main body of the vehicle is attached to.

Also what is the best way to place lights on the bus?
You can do New>light inthe model window and it will create a light that can be placed just like a bone. you'll need to be in bones mode to see it.

• *A:M User*

Hot dog cart is nearing completion as far as the modeling goes. Here is a wireframe. i have to get the condiments tray completed and then the wheels. I have started those and hope to have them on tomorrow. Work is starting to interfer.

Anyway here is a shot

Steve

hotdog0.jpg

Modeling is completed and I started on the texturing. I have tried to show stainless steel on the main body to test the reflections. Here are four shots of the completed cart before texture

Steve

comphotfront0.jpg

comphotq0.jpg

comphotquart0.jpg

comphottop0.jpg

I will dirty it up. I was trying to get the cart to look like stainless steel.

It definitely looks like stainless steel - no doubt about it. Some dents & pings, stains, etc, would help and perhaps the umbrella fabric can be a bit weathered, ie more sunfaded in spots, with spots of bird poop? - ok - forget the poop.

Great cart !

• 3 weeks later...

I reworked this face a couple of times and realized less is more. I reduced the patch count and I am lot happier in the detail created. I am not really happy about the neck yet but will have to wait to see the body and how it looks. He will be a large man Tony the Hotdog vendor.

Steve

Thank's I see what your on but to me the kneck should be back a bit more maybe to the first spline you have or more .Thats just me ,I think even fat blokes have some kneck lol ,depends on what look your after really,a fat flobery geizer lol

or maybe a fold in the throte kneck would do it

Steve,

Great work!

I did notice a few small things that, if changed, would add to the project.

First, I noticed the front tires of the bus don't really turn into the curve. It kinda looks like the bus is gliding along. Rigging the front tires seperately and getting them to turn along the path would help add a little realism.

Also, the bags of chips on the hot dog cart, there's a point of realism that your striving for, but these decals might be too real to fit within that context. You might consider creating fake chip decals that are a bit less realsitic.

Just one guy's opinion.

Steve P.

Thanks for the help Steve. Once I get the body into place the neck may need more adjusting. Believe it or not the neck I am working from actually extends out further than what I have done.

Thanks for the comments Steve. I agree about the chip bags. The bus has never been rigged. I have been following a couple of threads on how to rig the wheels for steering. I just d/l a car that was rigged and will try to set up the bus.

Steve