LaLaLaKellie

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
why wont a custom model take two actions

we made a custom model and it wont do more than one action...

Models can use more than one action so you may need to provide a little more information.

For instance, we may need to know more about the custom model you created.

Were both of the action created using the same custom model?

Can you provide more information on what the model is or what the actions are suppose to do?

I agree... way too little information. As has been true for most of your questions you appear to be more angry and frustrated rather than trying to provide as much info as possible to find the solution. Your questions sound like "Why won't this darn thing work right?". We can't read minds. "why won't this work?" is useless as information to help you. try to explain in agonizing detail what you did, what you expected to happen and the result.

The more detailed information you give us upfront without having to ask for it, the faster and more thorough our answers will be. This is just simple advice for a new user to get the most out of the people here who can help. Often if the question or problem is described well in the first post you can get an answer very quickly. Lots of details. Words are cheap.

-vern

Before you drop a second action onto your model, in the choreography, just quickly check that you have A:M pointing to the correct frame or you may be surprised when it doesn't appear where you expect it to be.

Scale your choreography down until you can see the full extent of timeline used. You will now be able to see all of the actions that have been applied. Click on any that are out of place and drag to their required location. If you still have problems after that then refer to what Robcat has said.

U guys need to explain this more thoroughly please. I don't get what your saying.

Try reading what they're asking for...

Can you provide more information on what the model is or what the actions are suppose to do?

try to explain in agonizing detail what you did, what you expected to happen and the result.

If you could post screenshots of what you're seeing in the program, or upload the project you're working on, that might help them too. Right now they're trying to make suggestions but you haven't given them any information on what the model is or what it's supposed to be doing, so all they can do is try to guess what your problem is.

U guys need to explain this more thoroughly please. I don't get what your saying.

This is what I was talking about. I won't speak for anyone else, but I feel that if you could provide more specific details on what you need to know it might help us help you better. The descriptions of the basics of using actions and the choreography, as mentioned previously, are covered in the tutorials, and the tech reference. If you review those topics you are having trouble with it might shed some light on the basic concepts mentioned in some of the answers.

Please provide screenshots as well. Or files. A picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

-vern