Hash, Inc. Forums

Starting a new career!

PF_Mark

False Alarm! Mark's birthday is Nov 13 according to his profile.

Happy un-birthday!

Yes it is my un-birthday but thanks for the thoughts guys it really is on Nov 13th

I blame Matt and his time goggles...oh, they look cool, but they can get you into problems like this.

• 1 month later...

Ok Academic side of the program is done :yay:

I now have to complet Pracis which is one on one with a working nurse for 450 hours (unpaid :rolleyes: )

I should be writing my registration test Sept 14th if all goes well.

I just came back from a school trip to Occoa Dominicain Rebuplic where we gave free clinics to thousands of people. We went to some very poor areas and I saw first hand the conditions of a 3rd world country. The DR people amazed me with there sense of pride ability to make what they have at hand work! I life changing experience :o

Hey Mark... sorry for the false birthday thing-a-ma-roo... my bad. We'll be sure to get you in November. Cool trip to D.R., see any good baseball prospects?

A bitter old man once told me... don't worry about seeing a 3rd-world country. One is coming to you!

• 4 months later...

I have no doubt you will pass. This has been a good journal you have kept... keeping us all abreast on what it takes to retool yourself to fit into this new 'non-3D world' that has somehow emerged. Hope you had a good summer over there on the 'Bruce'... and got a chance or two to get up to Tobermorey for some cliff-jumping or scuba!

• 1 month later...
  • Hash Fellow
I got my result this morning and I passed :yay: I need to mail in some stuff and in 2 to 3 weeks I will be a RPN Registered Practical Nurse :yay::yay:

Congratulations! It seems like just yesterday you were starting that but I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Congratulations! I know it was a lot of work, so you should be proud of this accomplishment. You must be excited for your next steps.

Will this mean you'll have some time to dive back into A:M, or will we see even less of you around here!

• 3 months later...

Ok I have started training/Orientation at the Wiarton Hospital which is about 3 kilometers from my home! This is a Primo! my 1st choice and I landed it! It helped that I did my 7 week Praxis at this Hospital and they know me and I know them!

:yay:

Mark Allan

RPN

Way to go, Mark! I love hearing about Wiarton... I had me a crazy-drunken night there in about 1986 at the Wiarton Hotel Bar... I'd like to think you were there! Me and a buddy took a weekend trip around the Georgian Bay... crazy times!

I been hanging around the Wiarton area for a long time and Yes way before 1986 ;)