Hash, Inc. Forums

Help me Rob cat

• Hash Fellow

One thing I notice right away is that when you go to force a key it has the "add keys equal to constraint results" option visible, which only happens when you have the constraints (handcuffs) filter on.

That's one thing different from what I did.

"Constraints" keying brings to mind that I did mine with Shaggy's auto balance constraints set to 0. Are yours? Balance, Balance rigid, Steady.

I haven't tested these notions, but try them and report back on your result.

Embed All in the PRJ and post it.

If I didn't' mention it... Embed everything.

Here you go. I embeded. In this version I didnt take off balance and balance rigid and I didnt tak eoff the handcuff but when I did do that as you suggested I did not get a different result.

after.prj

• Hash Fellow

I can do my procedure and it works here, whether the Shaggy Balance poses are reset or not, so those aren't the problem.

Another person has had this trouble and it appears that when you force the Keyframe the bones are being keyed to their default positions. A look at their channels shows they are getting values of 0,0,0.

I believe something is changed in V15 to cause this to happen. I believe this coincided with a change in the Compensate Mode button to be ON by default when setting constraints.

Since you are not setting a constraint this wouldn't seem to be an issue, but another use for the Compensate Mode button is to turn it on before you force a keyframe and it will cause the new keyframe to... set the bone(s) to its/their default position. This is very handy, for example to quickly get something like a hand and fingers back to an easy starting point for posing.

I don't have V15 to test this out, but I believe inside the software something is telling it to reset the bones to their defaults when you do this maneuver, unlike when this is done in V13, which I used to make the tut.

(Just to try... Intentionally turn Compensate Mode on before you force the keys. See what happens.)

Two alternate workarounds for you...

-nudge the bones +/- a pixel manually with the cursor keys and rotate them +/- a degree with the rotate manipulator to force the keys.

Or...

-set your new chor action to "Add" mode instead of Replace. Proceed as planned. The disadvantage of this is that now your channel values don't represent the actual values of the bones. They are offset by whatever the last value in the 1st chor action was. Likewise if you want to ever do the Compensate mode trick to intentionally set the bones to their default... they just get set back to whatever postion chor action 1 left them in.

But for this short exercise that won't be a big issue.

If I purchase V15 web subscription for you would you create a few video tutorials for the community. I am dislexic and mentally handycaped/learning disability. Seriously, the only thing I have going for me is a photographic memory. You have great info on your threads but I get so much more out of your video tutorials than threads. This is a perfect example of how things go wrong so easily and without a video tutorial to guid you step by step its very hard to get anywhere.

• Hash Fellow
????????

Sorry, I missed that.

That's a wonderful offer, and very flattering. But after four years of being attached to a movie I've become rather commitment-phobic.

I'd always worry that I hadn't fulfilled my part of the bargain and right now I need to avoid worries like that.

But thanks none-the-less for offering; it's good to hear that my tuts are useful!