Hash, Inc. Forums

I flipped my rig!

Walter Baker

Greetings all,

I have been rigging my character with Barry Zundel's tutorials, I am using version 15e on a iMac. I opened the model with a text program, replaced all left with right; somewhere with combining the 2 models together the relationships (left) did not come in. So when I flipped my left side rig and created my right side the way he said all my relationships became all 'right' none of the left came into the new model. Now my question is there a way to bring in all my left side relationships from the old model into the new model relationships? Copy/paste.....Drag-n-drop... ???

Any suggestions would be great so I don't have to go through that process again.

Greetings all,

I have been rigging my character with Barry Zundel's tutorials, I am using version 15e on a iMac. I opened the model with a text program, replaced all left with right; somewhere with combining the 2 models together the relationships (left) did not come in. So when I flipped my left side rig and created my right side the way he said all my relationships became all 'right' none of the left came into the new model. Now my question is there a way to bring in all my left side relationships from the old model into the new model relationships? Copy/paste.....Drag-n-drop... ???

Any suggestions would be great so I don't have to go through that process again.

Drag and drop will fix your problem, Walter. In the future, you might try using the MirrorBone and MirrorConstraint plugins that Steffen Gross has here.

Hope that helps.

Me again,

Well I downloaded the plugin for MirrorBone and MirrorConstraint then dragged them into my HXT folder, restarted and all I see is 'mirror constraints' no mirror bones. I had read some where here that AM can only work with 6 files in the HXT folder, is this true? Secondly when I used ' mirror constraints ' it replace the left with right but still didn't get the left, my limited mind thinks I need left and right.

I opened both models located my Relationships and dragged them (right) into the other models Relationships and it turned all left to right, I don't get left and right.

Am I doing something wrong again?

Me again,

Well I downloaded the plugin for MirrorBone and MirrorConstraint then dragged them into my HXT folder, restarted and all I see is 'mirror constraints' no mirror bones. I had read some where here that AM can only work with 6 files in the HXT folder, is this true? Secondly when I used ' mirror constraints ' it replace the left with right but still didn't get the left, my limited mind thinks I need left and right.

I opened both models located my Relationships and dragged them (right) into the other models Relationships and it turned all left to right, I don't get left and right.

Am I doing something wrong again?

I don't know if the HXT file limit still exists in the Mac version...you could try moving one of the other HXT files out temporarily to find out if that's the case.

The instructions for the MirrorBone plugin are located here. For MirrorConstraint, open the Pose, select the model in the PWS, right click (or Cmd click, I think on the Mac) and select "Plug-ins/Wizards/MirrorConstraints". That will mirror the constraints and put them in the same Pose. Then, save your model, close the model and re-open the file and it should work.

Of course, there should be some form of "right" or "left" in the name of the bones you are mirroring for things to work correctly.

As for your drag-and-drop problem...you must have gotten something mixed up somewhere. If you can't figure it out, post the model and someone will take a look at it for you.

Hope that helps, Walter.

By the way I have a few of your tutorials that I have watched and they have helped me a lot so again Thank you.

Wally

Not a problem, I'm glad they were helpful. I've got more in the works, hopefully they are helpful as well.