Hash, Inc. Forums

LiteFace

HomeSlice

LiteFace is a basic face rig which provides for a wide variety of facial expressions. It is a light rig because it has a minimal set of bones. This has advantages and drawbacks.

The advantages are: it is fast and easy to install and, since there are minimal bones, the process of adding control point weights is relatively straightforward.

The drawbacks are: it may not allow facial expressions as complex as a more robust face rig.

The rig itself if very fast and easy to install. The majority of your time will be spent weighting the mesh to the bones. It can theoretically be installed in a model rigged with any kind of body rig, provided there is/are no Eye bones, Jaw bone etc. in the existing body rig.

Control point weighting, unfortunately, is beyond the scope of this installation guide. However, I have written a 24 page illustrated tutorial on Weighting a Face which uses a face rigged with LiteFace.

You can get it here: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=292565

Hopefully I will be able to upload a rigged and weighted model for you to play with on Sunday.

LiteFace Instructions (updated 1/31/09)LiteFace_Instructions.pdf

LiteFace Rig (update 5/27/09) LiteFace.zip

LiteFace Rig + New Instructions (updated 11/09/09) Liteface_2009_11_10.zip

LiteFace Rig (11/11/09) LiteFace_2009_11_11.zip

Example Face (11/11/09) Example_Face_2009_11_11.zip

Installation Instructions (11/11/09) Liteface_Installation_2009_11_11.pdf

LiteFace_10_15_09.zip

• 8 months later...

I've got the face rig all done (in the model which already has the lite rig installed) and ready for export, but when I right-click on the action to export the model, AM crashes every time on both the Mac and PC. I've been saving versions at every step so no work is lost, but I've tried this at least three times on the Mac and three times on the PC with the same results. Not sure what else to say but I'll answer any questions or whatever I can do to diagnose this.

EDIT: The error I get is "Unhandled exception #001".

Not using TSM, it's all LiteRig and LiteFace.

EDIT: Sorry PP, were you asking for your own purposes? I may have misunderstood your question. I have no idea if they're compatible, but as each is self contained (and I don't think TSM includes a face rig) I would think they are indeed compatible, though that's just a guess.

Is the face rig compatible to the tsm2?
I don't know. I've never tried to install it in a model with the TSM rig. It will probably work with the alternate instructions below, but save a backup before you try it.

Gerry,

I had the same problem with one model. I haven't been able to pinpoint why the install fails on some models and not on others. I thought placing dynamic constraints on the model before the face install was what caused the problem, but since your model probably doesn't have any dynamic constraints, that must not be it.

It seems you are the only one besides me who is interested in the rig, so I haven't been too diligent about keeping it updated in this thread. Sorry about that.

Here are some alternate instructions that should work. If you have any questions, please ask.

--------------------------------

* Download the new LiteFace from the first post in this thread: LiteFace Rig (updated 10/15/09)

* Open the LiteFace project.

* Save the project under a new name (It is important to keep the original LiteFace project in it's pristine state).

* Import your model into the project.

-- (If you have already done the steps below, you don't have to do them again) --

* In the PWS, drag the Face Bones model onto Your model. This will import the face bones and several relationships into your model.

* Position the bones

* Do CP weighting/smartskins on the face

-- (if you have already done the above steps, you don't have to do them again) --

* Make a new empty model. For convenience, name it "empty model".

* In the PWS, drag the "Face Bones" null in the container from *your* model onto the empty model. Do not drag it from the Face Bones model. Drag it from *your* model.(A copy of the Face Bones null and all its child bones should import into the empty model.)

* Import the "Face Labels" model into the new empty model - it is located in the "Face Controls" folder. (If you do not want labels beside your face controls, you can skip this step)

* Make a new bone in the empty model. This is a temporary bone to show where to place the "Face Controls" null in the next step when you open the Face_Install action. This bone should be at about the level of the nose on the Y axis and positioned so the tip of the bone extends 1-2 cm past the tip of the nose. (if some other feature protudes farther out than the nose, then extend the bone along the Z axis until it is 1-2 cm past the protuding facial feature on the Z axis) It does not need to be a child of the "Face Bones" null. For convenience, name this bone "position controls helper".

* Open the Face_Install action using the new empty model.

* In the PWS, under the Action, select the Face Controls Action Object. The large Face Controls null shoud become visible in the Action window.

* Position the Face Controls null so it is located at the tip of the "position controls helper" bone.

* Position the Face Cam Control bone so the face control nulls are roughly centered in the camera view.

* Position each of the face control nulls to your liking. The only restriction is that you cannont move a control null from one side of the face to the other.

If you cannot see the control nulls, select the Face Controls Action Object in the PWS once again. The nulls should then appear in the Action window.

* Leave the face labels alone for now. The labels are down near 0 on the Y axis.

* Make sure you have the appropriate filters active and [shift]-click on the "Force Keyframe" button. (see instructions in the Installation PDF file)

* Save the project (or at least the Action). If you do not save it, it will not export properly.

* Right-click on the Face_Install Action and choose Export > Model from the context menu.

* For convenience, name this exported model "empty model exported".

* Bring the "empty model exported" model into the project.

* Delete the "position controls helper" bopne from the "empty model exported" model.

* Delete all the *child* bones of the "Face Bones" null from the "empty model exported" model.

IMPORTANT - Do not delete "Face Cam Control", "Face Controls" or "Face Labels" or their children.

(To delete many bones at once, click a bone in the PWS, then [shift]-click another bone. All bones inbetween will also be selected.)

* Now delete the "Face Bones" null from the "empty model exported" model.

* In the PWS, drag the "empty model exported" model onto *your* model. This will import all bones and relationships from "empty model exported" into your model.

* Save you model under a new name, such as "MyModel FaceRigged".

* In the PWS, in the container for Your Model, drag "Face Cam Control", "Face Controls", "Face Labels" and "Face Bones" onto your model's Head bone. This should make all the LiteFace bones and controls children of the Head bone.

* In Your Model > User Properties > Face Rigging , switch Hide Face Bones to ON.

* If you imported the Face Labels in a previous step, now is a good time to position the labels.

* Open the "Face ON / Labels ON / Split Controls" pose for editing.

* Slide the "Face ON / Labels ON / Split Controls" pose slider in the *Pose Slider Panel* to "2". (In the Pose Slider Panel- Not the model's User Properties).

The face labels will appear.

* Position each of the the face labels so each is near its appropriate control null.

* Close the pose window.

* Edit each of the Phonemes poses ( Your Model > User Properties > Face Controls > Phonemes) so the mouth shape matches the appropriate phoneme. If you plan to do manual lip syncing instead of using a dope sheet, at least edit the MPB, O, FV and E poses because these poses are used by one of the face control nulls.

* Save your model.

* That's it!

It seems you are the only one besides me who is interested in the rig

NO - NO - NOT TRUE !!!

I am very interested - Eventually I will be installing this in a model I'm doing (including the light rig). Not at that point yet

I tried installing face rig in the toad/frog for practice - but ran into some confusion, and I was reluctant to ask for help at the time. I installed some of face but not all of it.

I found that there are 2? versions of the face rig - specifically how the eyes operate - and that the lite face seemed to be installed in different places in the hieracrchy. Ie if I recall, Bumpy face works differently than Gloria? or Bumpy was different than Robbi? - can't remember exactly.

Eventually I would love some help when I run into trouble. I love the way the lite rig works, and I love the face controls as well.

I was even able to scale the lite-rigged Robbie model (ie change torso, legs, arms proportions) and still have it work - didn't have to reinstall. I find this an easy way to use the re-proportioned Robbi as a proxy template for more complicated models - and then just wipe out robbis geometry, and substitute my model - and then I just have to assign it's cps to geom bones.

I found that there are 2? versions of the face rig - specifically how the eyes operate - and that the lite face seemed to be installed in different places in the hieracrchy. Ie if I recall, Bumpy face works differently than Gloria? or Bumpy was different than Robbi? - can't remember exactly.

Well ... um ... ... yeah there are several iterations of the LiteRig floating around. Please use the latest one I uploaded a couple days ago to the original LiteRig thread.

I'm pretty sure the Liteface in Bumpy Man is different than the LiteFace in Gloria. Getting LiteFace to work in Gloria was something of a hack because Gloria uses the 2008 body rig ... and I'm easily confused.

Hi Holmes - I've read through your instructions to be sure I understand each step. I'm wondering if I can leave the cp weighting til the end as that's such a laborious step I'd like to be sure first that the export works. If it's something that you feel should be done in the order you lay out, I will. Let me know.

Also, do I start with my model from BEFORE or AFTER the Install action is saved?

P.S. thanks for putting your 2 cents in Nancy. This is a nice rig that deserves to be used.

I'm wondering if I can leave the cp weighting til the end

Yes, if you have not already weighted the face, you can wait until the end. Although, it is generally easier to weight the face before the rig is installed. (If you have already weighted the face, you do not have to re-weight it in order to use the alternate install instructions.)

Also, do I start with my model from BEFORE or AFTER the Install action is saved?

I'm not sure I understand.

* If you only have a copy of your model with no face bones at all, start at the beginning of the instructions.

* If you have a copy of your model with the face bones already positioned, start with that. Then continue with the "Make a new empty model" step.

* If you have a copy of your model with the face bones already positioned and the CPs already weighted, start with that. Then continue with the "Make a new empty model" step.

* Since AM crashed when you originally tried to export a model from the face_install Action, do not use that model. There is a slight chance it might be corrupted somehow.

Oops ...

I left out an important step right before you export the install action as a model:

* Make sure you have the appropriate filters active and [shift]-click on the "Force Keyframe" button. (see instructions in the Installation PDF file)

* Save the project (or at least the Action). If you do not save it, it will not export properly.

* Right-click on the Face_Install Action and choose Export > Model from the context menu.

----

I will put this rig to use. Thanks for all the hard work

awesome. Please let us know how it goes.

I worked my way through your instructions and I've run into these small probs: When I turn on the face constraints and mouth corner constraints, the mesh jumps a bit, enough that I would need to continue tweaking the cp weighting (I guess) but it seems this should be done with the constraints off, so I don't know how to go about this exactly.

The other thing is that in the exported model the mesh doesn't move with the bones although they are all assigned and weighted. This is probaly a simple thing I'm overlooking. Maybe you could shed some light.

the weighting tutorial is excellent by the way! I learned a ton from it.

Holmes, here's a quick and dirty face test showing some of the fine tuning I need to work on.

When I turn on the constraints, the mesh jumps at the inner eye corners, and at the mouth corners. Watching this i realized I forgot to weight the mouth on her right side, so that accounts for some of what you see.

Also the eyes don't close completely and close funny at the inner corners as well. The top and bottom lids meet midway, but is there a way to have the upper lids close completely if needed?

So my question at this point is, what's the best process for tweaks of this nature? Do I turn off constraints to do additional cp weighting? If so, which ones?

thanks for your help so far, and if I can provide further movies or screenshots, let me know!

Anniefacetest_h264.mov

Hi Gerry,

Sorry I didn't reply to your Oct 18 post. I didn't see it when I hit the "View New Posts" link.

--------------

the mesh jumps at the inner eye corners, and at the mouth corners.

For the mouth corners, see below.

For the Inner Eyelid corners, I have never run into that problem. How much do they jump?

----------------

For the mouth corners:

In the *User Properties Panel*, turn Face Controls > Hide Face Bones Off.

Edit User Properties > Face Controls > Mouth Corner Constraints.

Go to Front View.

In the *Pose Slider Panel* (Not the User Properties), Turn the Pose Off.

Place a horizontal and a vertical guide (forming a cross-hair) at the tip of each Mouth Corner bone.

Turn the Pose ON.

Move the Mouth Corner bones so the tips match up with the guides.

Switch to Left View.

Turn the Pose Off.

Place guides where the tip of the left Mouth Corner bone is.

Turn the Pose On.

Move the tip of the left Mouth Corner bone to match up with the guides.

Do the same with the right side.

Then close the Pose window.

In the *User Properties Panel*, turn Face Controls > Hide Face Bones back On.

-----------------------------------------

To make the top eyelids close completely, the the easiest way to make smartskins for the (4) upper eyelid bones.

If you already have a smartskin for each of the (4) upper eyelid bones, you can use those. You don't have to make new smartskins if you already have them.

In the Model window, select the CPs that are associated with the upper eyelid bones and hit the "Lock CPs" button, so only the selected CPs are editable.

In the *User Properties* panel, turn Face Controls Hide Face Bones - OFF.

Open the model in an Action.

Set Face ON/Labels ON/Split Controls to "1". The face controls should appear.

Move the Eyelid Control null straight down. The top eyelids should close about half way.

Select each of the upper eyelid bones and either create a new smartskin or, if one already exists, edit the existing one.

In the smartskin, move the CPs associated with that particular bone until that particular part of the eyelid is closed.

Do the same for each of the eyelid bones.

------------------------------------------------

in the exported model the mesh doesn't move with the bones although they are all assigned and weighted

I don't understand this question. In the movie you posted, the mesh seems to move fine.

---------------------------------------------------

thanks Holmes I will give that a go tonight or tomorrow. the comment about the mesh not moving was prior to that render, everything now moves that should move.

the inner corners of the eyes is another matter. After my last post I looked at it again, and tested turning the constraints on and off. Each time I did so, the mesh at the inner corners of the eyes deformed further. I would have expected the mesh to return to its original place with constraints off, but it was exactly the opposite.

As for properly weighting the left mouth that I overlooked, do I turn off constraints before working on this? Are there any considerations or special steps I should know about?

Turn Off both the Face Constraints and the Mouth Corner Constraints. You can do this in the Action if you want.

With the Mouth Corner constraints Off, the mouth corners will no longer move when you open the jaw.

If you want to test the weighting with the jaw open, clear the action (when you clear the action - if you turned the constraints off in the Action - the Face Constraints and the Mouth Corner constraints should revert to their default state, which is ON.)

When you want to refine the weighting further, be sure to turn the Face Constraints and the Mouth Corner constraints back Off.

Gerry,

I'm sorry you're having these difficulties, but I'm learning a bunch in the back and forth between you and Holmes. I hope all your problems are solved soon, but in the mean time keep posting. thanks

Here's a before and after of what happens to the eyes. Top is from the modeling window. Bottom is from a chor with constraints on.

Just discovered that in a chor the eyes return to normal when constraints are turned off. I suppose I was testing it in an action before. So the problem isn't as pronounced as I thought it was.

EDIT: ignore those non-rendering eye patches.

Face_constraints_OffOn.jpg

You can just move the Jaw Control Null up a bit on the first frame of your animation to close it.

Normally, you would model the character's face in it's "default" state. For some characters, their default state might be that their mouth is just naturally slightly open.

Hey Gerry,

I just made a new face rig that might work a little better. It also might install with fewer hassles ... but I need a model to test it with.

Would you be willing to send me a version of your model with?

* The body rig already installed.

* All the Face Bones positioned correctly.

* And all the face CP weighting done.

* Face Rig NOT installed

If you do, I'll install this updated rig in it ... and if it actually works, I'll send it back to you :)

If you don't have a version with the face rig Not installed, that's OK. I can just delete all the relationships and start from there.

Thanks.

holmesbryant at gmail dot com

• 3 weeks later...

I finally re-worked the LiteFace rig to get around an issue AM was having with the "Install" Action. When you tried to export the Action as a Model when you had a model with smartskins, it would sometimes crash the program. Now there is no longer any "Install" action. You still have to create a new Action and export it as a model in order to automatically position all the control nulls, but there are no longer any action objects to worry about.

I also wrote new documentation about how to install it. You can grab the new version in the first post. "LiteFace Rig + New Instructions (updated 11/10/09)"

Have you read my tutorial on CP weighting with the LiteFace bones?

Oh yes - tis quite good

My problems were not with HOW to weight but WHAT values to assign to the cp weights (with a different mixture of bones, different hierarchy of bones) so that the splines would respond well - it was the trial & error process that was driving me batty.

I was trying to work out something such that the geom bone structure was more like the actual face muscles rather than having them be centered on spline curvature - more trying to get something like Jesse's structure, Cleary's, soulcage - where geom bones lie more on the mesh, and are translated to a null, and aimed at a null (scale on z) - so that one could squish/squash face splinage more in tune to actual physiology. The control nulls would follow the curvature

They were obviously able to get something going - I just ran out of steam - and decided for my simple character I would first go the direct route, and get a little more comfortable...and not have to think...my b..b...buh brain hurt.

I've been intimidated by rigging from the git go.

The lite BODY rig is a charm - It's simple to install, powerful enough for most characters and the process is well documented. It's one of the easier rigs to understand.

Same with the lite FACE rig.

I was trying to do some independent thinking...guaranteed to be painful.

Not many find rigging FUN. Just a necessary evil, but better than paying taxes, dusting...

• 3 months later...

I'm installing the Lite Face rig into my Midge model, which has the TSM rig installed. I followed the Lite Face instructions carefully and everything worked fine until the final model export from the Face Install action. I get an "Unhandled Exception 001" and then a crash each time I tried it.

All the TSM constraints are off.

Can Holmes or anyone else shed light on this? I'll be happy to redo the whole thing if I can get a handle on why this is happening.

EDIT: Hey, this is the same issue I ran into back on Oct. 15! And it never was resolved in a way I could utilize. Holmes ended up rigging it for me. I would sure like to resolve this, has there been any progress on a solution?

Did you get the new liteface rig and installation instructions as suggested here? - I installed the face rig, awhile back, and probably used the new version. I do not remember having any crashing problems - but I also was NOT using TSM2 for the body. I was using the literig for body as well.

I'm pretty sure I submitted a bug report on something that may be similar to the problem you are having. If I remember correctly, Stefen said it is caused when trying to export an action which has Action Objects in it with a model that has smartskins on it. He said it would be very difficult to fix. I tried to mitigate the problem as best as I could in the update (LiteFace_2009_11_11.zip and Liteface_Installation_2009_11_11.pdf). Are you using the updated face rig? It is in the first post.

Another possibility is that that something in TSM is causing AM to balk. Try opening your TSM rigged model in an Action (without LiteFace) and try to export that as a model, just to see if TSM is causing it.

A possible workaround is to detach the head at the neck, Using a *copy* of your TSM rigged model. (without any of the LiteFace stuff)

Copy the head into a new model. (Don't change its position.)

Delete the head from the TSM rigged model.

Rig the head-only model with LiteFace and weight the CPs.

After you have exported the head model from the Action, according to the LiteFace instructions ...

Import the head model into your TSM rigged model and reattach the head. Don't just copy/paste the head model. You must *Import* the model so all the relationships come with it.

Here's a quick progress report. I'm still in the midst of weighting the cp's in the face so it's not finished but I can let you know about the export.

Once I deleted all my smartskins (there weren't too many which is why taking this route made more sense than Holmes' suggestion) I was able to successfully export my model. The only other caveat was when I re-imported the model and dragged the Face controls null etc. onto the head bone, I had to change the name of the head bone from "Head" to "head". Or vice versa, not sure, but the capitalization caused a crash.

Once I fixed that everything *seems* to be going okay as far as weighting the face. Once that's done I'll let you know of any other issues.

I'm seeing something in the face weighting process that seems odd. When I get to the eyelid weighting, the bones are placed properly in the model window>bones mode (i.e., the bones end right at an appropriate cp) but in the action window, they end a good 1/8" or more away. I haven't moved the mesh or any bones. I'm proceeding with the weighting; if anyone can shed light on this I'd be happy to hear it.

EDIT: This doesn't seem to be affecting the weighting process.

they end a good 1/8" or more away

Do you mean they are 1/8 inch to the left/right/top/bottom of the target CP?

Or the bones extend 1/8 inch past the CP?

Either way, it seems like it should still work OK ... but I can't think of why the bones would move either ...

No, the end points of the bones fall short of the cp location. And it appears to be only the eyelid bones but I haven't examined everything. Just one of them mysteries I guess. It doesn't appear to be affecting the weighting process.

• 1 month later...

Hey Holmes - I've been digging into the LiteFace rig to try to gain some understanding, as I need to rig a non-standard face (Skarab) and I think the *easiest* way will be to build a face rig from scratch. So I thought I'd ask these questions here rather than by email so others may either learn something, or teach me something!

What I'd like to understand, which I haven't been able to figure out after spending the last 2-3 hours digging through the various constraints, is how, e.g., the "Mouth Corners Master" null will move the "Mouth L Corner Control" null in one direction, and the "Mouth R Corner Control" null in the opposite direction, resulting in the mouth forming symmetrical shapes. I notice this is crucial for several of the controller nulls.

At first I was looking for a constraint, but then noticed that both Corner controllers are children of the Corners Master, so constraints wouldn't be possible, right? But I can't figure out how the one moves in the opposite direction.

Hi Gerry,

Congratulations on deciding to build a face rig from scratch! Everyone should do that sooner or later.

the "Mouth Corners Master" null will move the "Mouth L Corner Control" null in one direction, and the "Mouth R Corner Control" null in the opposite direction, resulting in the mouth forming symmetrical shapes.

That is called a Multidimensional Relationship (or MultiD Relationship) This is really just for convenience, to make animating the face a little faster. You can just animate each side separately and it would work almost as well - some would argue it works better!

But here is how to create a simple example:

Make a new model.

Make a Null

Make two more nulls that are children of the parent null.

Move the Parent Null to x:0, Y:20cm

Move one child null to x:20cm, y:0 - and the other child null to x:-20cm, y:0.

Now select the parent null.

In the Properties panel, right-click on the "X" property under the Translate property. (translate > x)

Choose "New Relationship" from the context menu.

A new Relationship window will open.

All the "Transform" properties, Except the translate > x property, should turn pink in the properties panel. The translate > X property will be red. (unless you have changed your color scheme).

In the properties panel, enter "20" for translate > x.

Both children will move with the parent.

Select the left-most child. (the one that was originally at -20x) and set its translate>x property to -40.

Select the Parent null once again.

This time, enter "-20cm" for the parent' translate>x property.

Select the left-most child again and enter "40cm" for its translate>x property.

Now a relationship is defined for the Parent null while it is between x:-20cm and x:20cm. If the parent null goes farther than that in either direction, the relationship breaks.

You can test it by simply dragging the parent null around in the relationship window.

The child nulls will move symmetrically as long as the parent null stays within x:-20cm to x:20cm.

If you want to know more about MultiD Relationships, here is a tutorial: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29813

One thing I keep encountering that I think should be mentioned is that for some reason, when I create the translate limits after creating the MultiD relationship, is that the translate limits defaults to an enforcement of zero. It was driving me crazy until I remembered to look for it. Otherwise I'm having fun with this.

Okay, 'nother question (until the next one...). I created a new MultiD relationship for the null, e.g., for the mouth corners. I didn't make it part of my face constraints pose because I wanted to be able to edit or delete it without messing with the larger constraints pose.

So now in my model subfolders, inside Relationships>Bones, I've got a Null icon with the name "mouth corners", but it's above/outside the User Properties Relationships folder. It's not the Null itself because it's got Transform Relationships>Translate Relationships>X Relationships etc etc. and then the Null itself a couple of levels down.(But you knew that!)

My question is, since it's outside the User Properties folder, how do I make it available in the User Properties list when I place the model in a chor? Can I just drag it into the User Properties folder? Should I have done the MultiD from inside the face constraints pose? I'm afraid if I drag it to another location in the hierarchy I'll break something. But as it is now I don't know how to activate it.

Okay, 'nother question (until the next one...). I created a new MultiD relationship for the null, e.g., for the mouth corners. I didn't make it part of my face constraints pose because I wanted to be able to edit or delete it without messing with the larger constraints pose.

So now in my model subfolders, inside Relationships>Bones, I've got a Null icon with the name "mouth corners", but it's above/outside the User Properties Relationships folder. It's not the Null itself because it's got Transform Relationships>Translate Relationships>X Relationships etc etc. and then the Null itself a couple of levels down.(But you knew that!)

My question is, since it's outside the User Properties folder, how do I make it available in the User Properties list when I place the model in a chor? Can I just drag it into the User Properties folder? Should I have done the MultiD from inside the face constraints pose? I'm afraid if I drag it to another location in the hierarchy I'll break something. But as it is now I don't know how to activate it.

This is falling outside the scope of LiteFace, so you should probably ask questions like this in the general rigging forum.

A relationship defined in this manner is like a fancy smartskin, and just like a smartskin, you don't have to do anything to activate it. It is always on. Plop the model in a Chor or Action and try it. It should just work without you doing anything extra.

• 1 year later...
  • *A:M User*

Ok trying to marry the lite face with Mark's 2008 rig.

How do you move all the bone and nulls under the head of 2008 rig? Do you do that first or position the face rig?

Has anyone else done this?

Steve

HI Shelton- I've not used either rig, but will try to answer.

-I would think it would not matter whether you position the rig before or after.

-You should be able to drag the 'top' bone in the face rig onto the head bone of the 2008 rig, and the child bones will follow.

• Hash Fellow
How do you move all the bone and nulls under the head of 2008 rig? Do you do that first or position the face rig?

In general if you need to move some set of bones together as a unit while in the bones window, select the bone that is the parent of the set (hope there is one!) and use the translate, rotate and scale manipulators to re position as needed. The children will translate, rotate and scale along with it.