Hash, Inc. Forums

rigging a pentaped

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

William Gaylord made a cool five-legged creature.

This is one way one might rig such a character with TSM2. Not the only way... just one way.

Errata and correction I noted below but I'll copy here just in case some one doesn't read the rest of the thead:

I just realized I made one major misstep while I was doing that... I should have done my CP assigning and weighting before I ran TSM rigger. Then I wouldn't have had to turn on and off any geometry bones; it would have been far simpler.

I think I got used to doing my weighting after Rigger for some reason on another project, but generally that's the wrong workflow.

Ultimately I got everything assigned ok, but it would have been easier if I had done it before running TSMRigger.

• Hash Fellow

Thanks!

I just realized I made one major misstep while I was doing that... I should have done my CP assigning and weighting before I ran TSM rigger. Then I wouldn't have had to turn on and off any geometry bones; it would have been far simpler.

I think I got used to doing my weighting after Rigger for some reason on another project, but generally that's the wrong workflow.

Ultimately I got everything assigned ok, but it would have been easier if I had done it before running TSMRigger.

I thought that while I was watching, but was really glad you did it the way you did. I often realize the need for a fan bone after I've already rigged and your method of hiding and unhiding the rig is obviously the easiest way of dealing with that. Its good to see someone else's work flow, it reminds y0u of other ways to do things.

• Admin

Steve,

It looks like somewhere along the way you turned off viewing signatures in your Forum Settings.

Not that you want to turn it back on but you can do that via 'My Controls' at the top of the forum.

Look for 'Board Settings' under the main menu.

Viewing Signatures should be the first option on the Board Display Settings menu.

What were you thinking.

Didn't you know... all the great links are in the sigs! ;)

BoardSettings.png

I turned my "view signature" off once when someone had a HUGE GIGANTIC signature with image and I had a hard time reading some of the topics. It was like trying to talk to someone on the other side of a road while huge trucks drove by slowly. Or trying to read a newspaper when you have a cat. ;)

-vern