Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help With Channels on AM '08

Samm

So in my Animation class I was supposed to pick a tutorial to follow as an assignment. I found one of supernova-like explosions and decided to do that one, and it was smooth sailing until I hit the wall.

When I reached the step where I made the first material, I finally realized that the tutorial I was using was ten years outdated--which wouldn't be a problem if I was more experienced with the program, because then I might be able to find what I'm looking for under a different name or toolbar. What I need is to enter a what the tutorial called a "channel".

I apologize, I know I'm being very vague, but here's the link to the tutorial and a link to the reference image:

http://www.digitalproducer.com/pages/explo...tionmaster_.htm

http://www.digitalproducer.com/pages/jeff/Figure%202.jpg

If I don't get help, I'll have to do something else. :/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, here goes. First see the attached screen cap. Next under "Tools > Options" on the "Global" tab and make sure "Show Property Triangle" (lower right corner) is selected. Also under "View" select "Project Work Space", "Properties" and "Time Line"

-Once you create the material and change the default type from "Attribute" to "Streak Emitter", then click the + in front of the "Streak Emitter" and you should see an "Attribute". Clicking on the Triangle (between the White square and the word "Attribute" will display the "Surface" attribute.Again click the triangle in front of the word "Surface" and you will get all the surface properties.

-Click the triangle in front of "Diffuse Color" and the RGB sliders are displayed. Slide the Red and green to 0 and the Blue to 150 ( or enter it in the boxes).

-Now that you have set the first point for the diffuse color, there will be a + in front of "Attribute". Click it and you will see (below the "Surface" properties), 3 entries "Surface.Diffuse.Color." followed by the color.

-Select the Blue and in the "Time Line" window you should see the Channel for the Blue Diffuse Color Setting.

Try and make it this far and get back to us if you have more questions. And Good Luck.

post-1360-1231452453_thumb.png