Hash, Inc. Forums

Marble Roller Coaster

Ok I decided to make a Marble Roller Coaster :) . I have actually already finished it for the most part except rendering which I need to ship off to my render node. Here are some stills and cam tests. It's short though next one is going to be longer :) and the next one is going to be a Newton Bonanza!

post-11793-1231300034_thumb.jpg

post-11793-1231300051_thumb.jpg

Tests.mov

C&C Welcome

-Photoman

Ok I decided to make a Marble Roller Coaster :) . I have actually already finished it for the most part except rendering which I need to ship off to my render node. Here are some stills and cam tests. It's short though next one is going to be longer :) and the next one is going to be a Newton Bonanza!

C&C Welcome

-Photoman

I like it! Different that's for sure! I just had my screens calibrated and the only crit is that it looks pretty dark (or my calibration was not done well).

Will you place a camera on the ball (or whatever it is) that comes down this thing? Next, instead of a water slide... a lava slide?

Rusty

Thanks!

I rendered those on a Macbook pro so it is set to LCD Gamma I think.

The ball is just dropped... I plan to have it so when the ball ends in the funnel thingy that it will be "teleported" to the next coaster Im making.

I have many sketches (What else are you supposed to do at school?) of various tracks. This next one (If my computer ever finishes rendering (20 hours for 5 seconds!)) is going to have a helix(es?) a loop and MAYBE dominoes ^_^ . Though all depends on if it is possible with newton dynamics. (The jump in the movie above took about 1 hour to get right it involved simulating with no landing and putting in a track piece and righting down the translation and rotation and then reverting the project to before the simulation and putting the track in :wacko: . AND it takes forever line up the tracks perfectly :) )

Photoman

• 2 weeks later...

Ok production has slowed a bit b/c of finals this week YAY! :blink: I am now rendering everything! About 60hours into it so Im guessing it will be done by the end of the week. Hold tight!

Peaks:

post-11793-1232493998_thumb.jpg

post-11793-1232494054_thumb.jpg

The light is visible at the end of the tunnel.

Photoman

Thanks! Hit a speedbump... A 16 hour render of the flythrough camera has some "black" patches I need to fix :( so I have to rerender that....

Also been thinking... This would also be a great idea for a tutorial. I used the sweeper plugin, newton dynamics plugin, several custom materials, etc!

Photoman

• 2 weeks later...