Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

1 line from many

Master chief

OK as many of you know i import models from 3dmax (game 3d designer) to work with them in AM , this however has a effect similar to a blender as 3D uses polygons while AM uses splines , and during the conversion process AM assigns splines based on the polygons points and while the outcome resembles the original models it does have the aforementioned blendered effect. one thing that might help clean it up would be the ability to select several current CPs and then make a line between them automatically possible removing the previous line segments. is there a hot key command or something of the such that will do this or will i need to use the old fashioned manual method?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

So far I haven't found an easy way to do this.

It would be great if you could delete the lines connecting a polygon model and just leave a cloud of CPS and then you could stitch a new spline along the old CPS. But CPs can't exist without any splines connecting them so that idea is a non-starter.

Sometimes I have drawn a long new spline off to the side of the model and then one-by-one dragged and attached (LMB+RMB) its CPs to the CPS on the original model. This gets a new spline in place but deleting the original polygon lines is tricky.