Hash, Inc. Forums

LiteRig

HomeSlice

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Nancy.

I did post a newer version of the LiteFace (http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=46641)

But I don't have updated instructions yet. Also, even though it is a smidgen less complicated, you still have to open a new Action window and export.

The tricky part is placing all the control nulls at the tips of the face bones. If you want to do that manually, you don't have to export an action.

I'll try to get together some updated instructions in the next week.

Thanks Holmes - no rush on the instructions - I did download your new version when you posted it - I can probably figure it out with the existing instructions some - I'll ask questions if I can't

I'm starting to look at Cleary's gizmo face rig - oooo weee - very nice, but complicated (doesn't quite work in 15e) - I like the way he lays out his geometry bones - I may try to figure out a simpler implementation using the geom bones he has and just some simple nulls & smart skin for control. I like the controls in your face rig (but don't want labels, probably want moveable camera, or no camera).

And if I can't figure out how to do a hybrid, I will go with lite face

As you say - the most time will be spent on weighting the face. Well not exactly, the most time spent will be me trying to figure the laziest way out, and then doing it over the right way, by going with liteface.

(thanks Steve for the complement)