Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

can I do this hash thing?

jedlie

Hi;

I am a full time performer. I present live shows in schools and churches around the country. I would love to add animation to my abilities. Unfortunately I can't draw to save my life, I can barely write legibly. Can someone with my limited art skills create watchable animations with hash?

Thanks, and merry Christmas!

Jedlie

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Its hard to be more specific without knowing your specific goals.

Animation is a pretty big category.

But animating with A:M... heck, even I know you can do that!

Hey... tougher questions please!!! :)

I am a full time performer. I present live shows in schools and churches around the country.

You are well on your way already.

Welcome to the A:M Forum!

I had that same concern about 3D modeling and animation, I can draw pretty well if my subject already exists, but I've never been good at just drawing out of my head. After watching the Animation:Master Demonstration (very large file - 134MB) I realized that probably wouldn't matter very much, and I was right. Watching the creation of Victor Navone's alien was all it took.

I'm just a beginner, but I'm already working on my second character and a set within which to animate them. Several others have already created videos of their animations; all within a couple of months of buying the program. I'm not that fast, but I'm having fun playing catchup. :D

Welcome!

There are several levels of ways to create animation so the answer to your question depends on what you hope to accomplish. I've been using Hash for going on 10 years, and my background is a career as an illustrator and cartoonist. Yet my 3D work has no character stuff at all and I'm only in the last two or three years getting serious about character animation. Some of the newcomers here are already outpacing me in that department.

So the question is whether you want to use it to do character work, or simply animate objects. There are also some really advanced folks here who, as far as I know, only model still images and don't do animation at all. But you can certainly work in AM without drawing skills, and if you're determined to learn it's great fun and there's a supportive community right here!

P.S. 3D animation is without doubt the absolutely COOLEST THING you can do with a computer!

• Hash Fellow

Even if you never model anything you can still animate with A:M using the many already made characters. But you'll also enjoy making your own characters, even if they are not as complex at first.

As noted above, time and persistence are very useful in this endeavor.