Hash, Inc. Forums

Troll model, again. Constrain a broom to his hands?

heyvern

Desperately trying to rig a broom to the hands of the troll. I need the broom to drive the arms if possible so that it can stay "level" and the hands/arms move to follow.

I just can't get my head around this one. Pointers to any other threads on this topic or perhaps the Troll has a different rig. I seem to recall that other rigs had the "hand" as the end of the chain. It was easy to constrain the hand to an object to control it. I suppose I would be willing to modify the rig in the troll to do this if I get some pointers.

I've tried constraining the hand nulls to the broom but the nulls can extend beyond the hands so that doesn't work so well. I constrained the broom to the hand but then it's nearly impossible to make sure the hand is always level to the floor while he sweeps... and then... what about the other hand? Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks bunches.

-vern

It wasn't hard. I was trying to do it with IK arms turned on when what I needed to do was create a NEW ik relationship to the broom. The Troll I'm using is... well he has limited movement so I have to make sure I don't stretch to far or his arms tend to spin around at the shoulders.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=289496

-vern