Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my last month work

cronos

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I was reading these last few posts... thinking... "what are they talking about. He didn't donate the model. What are they talking about???" Then I read through all the posts again.

:blink: (Looks like I missed a very important post!)

I had been thinking that everyone should study your splineage and now they really can.

What a wonderful contribution.

Thanks!

Yes - loved the SSS - so I peeked at the settings - looks like extinction values for everything was 32,16,8 (for RGB) and 200% sampling, which produced the blue tone ...so I tried (8,16,32) and produced a pinker tone - so now perhaps I can conclude that the lower the setting on extinction value, the more the component contributes?

In my test of rendering this terrific character - I noticed IRC, about 35 secs/pass to render (simple lighting) with sss, about 2-3 secs/pass without sss.

Also noticed I believe that lower numbers on extinction - makes for faster rendering (but don't know) - but perhaps produces artifacts?

I also tried it with decals to see what influence sss had - very nice - but so hard to predict intuitively what the results will look like.

TRY IT, y'all! He gave ya the model to play with. Thanks Cronos - got me to explore sss.

Awesome character, great colors; it's a pleasure to pour over your work. Thank you for making it available!!

It's interesting that it was modeled in a pose, does this affect the rigging installation process much? Is there a preference? And the shirt is not symmetrical. In the 2008 Rig, CP weighting is done on one half first, then mirrored. Would such a shirt cause a problem? The reason I ask is that I'm at the point with the model I've been working on where I'm ready to do clothing. I keep wondering if I'd have been better off creating a clothed model, but that would lock it into one look. Of course, that wouldn't matter if my character was as cool as this one. :)

Am I making it harder on myself by creating the full form, then clothing it later? I'm asking these questions of the community at large BTW. :rolleyes:

So far I been modeling mine with clothes and just having whatever body parts stick out, stick out.

But I can see a benefit to modeling clothes seperate if your going to make them more complicated with the rigging.

I have 2 versions of Milburne, one is a hippy type and the other is the cowboy.

I found no trouble changing his look at all.

...I have 2 versions of Milburne, one is a hippy type and the other is the cowboy.

I found no trouble changing his look at all.

I've been a real stickler for grouping the various parts of the model, and I've exported each segment as individual models. Maybe I could generate several versions of the torso-arms-legs, for example, then I'd have interchangeable parts. ;)

I'm amazed at how much you've accomplished in such a short period of time. Looking forward to your next animation!

my laptop ( hp Pavilion dv6000 ) doesn’t work (hardware problems) :blink: , i send it to hp repair , they tell me repair it in 30 days

but i need work at Animation Master , a friend borrow your computer , i need a temporary AM V15 license For 30 days , It is posible ???? :(

my laptop ( hp Pavilion dv6000 ) doesn’t work (hardware problems) :blink: , i send it to hp repair , they tell me repair it in 30 days

but i need work at Animation Master , a friend borrow your computer , i need a temporary AM V15 license For 30 days , It is posible ???? :(

Email Jason and ask him

jason@hash.com

• Admin

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope everything works out for you things get back to normal quick.

I wanted to post a quick shout out to you for this very awesome character.

I've been using your Panda to conduct some lighting and rendering tests and he's made it so much more enjoyable. He clearly knows more about lighting and rendering than me!

Both you and your Panda are an inspiration.

Thanks so much for sharing him. :)

(...and you've reintroduced me to SSS. Thanks for that as well!!!)

PandaSSSwax.png