Hash, Inc. Forums

Knight walking

scott15

I noticed a few things about the walk. The first is that the hips don't move side to side or rotate. This makes the whole walk kind of stiff. Likewise the upper torso is doesn't rotate at all while the shoulders seem to move too much but that could be the armor. The feet slip on the ground instead of gripping firmly. This would be more obvious if the ground had a texture. The left elbow is too close to the body and passes throught the left hip. The whole thing is kind of jerky. Finally the character lacks weight. The lowest point of the hips should be a couple of frames after the heel strike. Look at your curves in the timeline and I'll bet you'll see a lot of sharp turns. Smooth out those curves and the action will look smoother too.

I hope you were asking for a critique. If not, disregard all of the above.

Alan

• Hash Fellow

Compared to some other first walks that have wandered thru here it's not a complete horror. ;)

Is there some element that didn't work the way you expected?

I made some vids on walks for TWO animators. You may find those helpful. You can find them in the tut link in my sig.

Compared to some other first walks that have wandered thru here it's not a complete horror. ;)

Is there some element that didn't work the way you expected?

I made some vids on walks for TWO animators. You may find those helpful. You can find them in the tut link in my sig.

Nice tuts RobCat! Thanks!