Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fluid - Fountain Sample

flashawd

Hello, hope everyone is good - it's been awhile since I posted, I have working on teeth animations... getting a bit boring. ;) Anyway, I have a new client that wants his logo merging out of some water, kind of as a fountain... I was thinking I could bring his logo in as an .ai file and 3D it - then place it under the fluids fountain - does anyone have any samples they can show me of a fountain they have done w/ fluids, that would give me an idea if my idea is possible - I hadn't had a chance to play w/ fluids much from when it came out in the new version. Thanks for any help.

-Eric

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't really THAT hard... as I said above... I used the .ai wizard or font wiz to generate the 3D text, and then deleted the face, so it was open and could collect the falling liquid. I also set it's transparency to 100% in the properties. I made another model that was an emitter and applied the liquid material to that. ( the emitter is a simple 4-sided patch, but it needs to be placed in a lathed tube that collects the liquid and lets it escape in a stream, like water from a faucet.) Then the hard part... experimenting. I animated the emitter/tube passing over the text and did a low-res render...examined the results and made appropriate changes and re-rendered(Changing the animation, the emitter size, the material/liquid properties etc)...probably over and over about 10-20 times until I got one I liked, and rendered at a better resolution finally.