Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Have NWP BUT dont know whats happening to my model.

Soltek

Hi guys, im currently making a model but i dont quite know whats happening. To explain it whats happening is in the modelling stage i can see all my splines and cp's but when i switch to shaded mode i have patches missing. Now when i render the mode all the missing patches show up as if they are there. its frustrating while trying to model and patches are missing but really they are actually present. any ideas?

Thanks for your time..

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

try this...

Tools>Options>Rendering tab>

Quality Shaded

Show back facing polys ON

Every patch has a direction ("normal") and if it's facing away from the camera it won't show up in shaded mode if "Show back facing polys" is OFF.

You can also flip a patch(es) by selecting it, right clicking and choosing "Flip normals"

normal direction is important for particle effects, porcelain material and five-pointers, which must match the patches around them.

try this...

Tools>Options>Rendering tab>

Quality Shaded

Show back facing polys ON

Every patch has a direction ("normal") and if it's facing away from the camera it won't show up in shaded mode if "Show back facing polys" is OFF.

You can also flip a patch(es) by selecting it, right clicking and choosing "Flip normals"

normal direction is important for particle effects, porcelain material and five-pointers, which must match the patches around them.

Excellent reply robcat, thanks very much for the info, i had managed to figure it out before hand but youve given me great advice for the normals, i can see it all quite clearly now. Hopefully i can get this model up soon and get it crit :D

Thanks again for your help and time.