Hash, Inc. Forums

More 'Tireman' animation

John Bigboote

Hey Hasher's- Just sharing some of my recent work done using this remarkable program.

My Belle Tire client was going to use a photo(attached) of the new store in Jackson, MI... but the photo just didn't have much 'oomph'. SO- she asked if I could recreate it in 3D, and while at it...add the 'Tireman' character and titles. These are the 'bookends' (animation at the head and tail of the TV commercial.)

Jackson_store_shot__was__70_.jpg

GrandOpeningTEST1.mov

GrandOpeningTEST2.mov

• Admin

Matt,

You know I'm a sucker for any animation that is related to TaoA:M in some way.

That flag waving in the background... sorry... I'm getting emotional here. (if it weren't so TaoA:M I guess it'd be the patriotic aspect of it all)

What I'm really saying is... Well done.

These are really fun commercials. I'll bet that tire (by this I mean your animated character) has quite a following in your local area. I can see why your client keeps coming back to you for more.

I'll bet that tire (by this I mean your animated character) has quite a following in your local area. I can see why your client keeps coming back to you for more.

Yes, that's an interesting point. The Tireman can only say two words... "Belle Tire!" It's funny how everyone is both annoyed and amused by the simplicity. KIDS run around saying 'Belle Tire!" These same kids eventually turn 16 and get a drivers license and ultimately get flat tires... where do they go? They have been programmed to go to Belle Tire. Advertising 101. It's so fundamental, I'm happy to be a part of it.

When I was an apprentice cel-animator in the late 1980's one of the animators worked on the BT account... Tireman was 2D cel-animated in those days... well-because the budget was low and TireMan is a cantankerous object to draw and redraw, this guy purposely did a 'HACK' job on the animation... which then aired and was seen over-n-over-n-over- and people wanted to KILL the guy that did it, and his career 'took a knock' because he was known as they guy who--- I am determined to not go down that road. By putting a little pride into Tireman I have re-ignited the agency's appreciation for animation and much more work and higher budgets have evolved.