Hash, Inc. Forums

AMv13 2008 Rig Installer

mtpeak2

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark , would you know wich bones I need to put the waigts on I thought it was the geom bones but that don't seem to work I put some to the hip-geom but that don't work when I move the lower hip controller but doese when I move the hip null control

Yes all geom bones. The hips_geom doesn't squetch, so it is used to blend the squetching between the stomach_geom and legs, if I remember correctly. David would know better than I would.

Yessir, it is for that and also to keep the origin of each leg from being affected by any squetching.

Hell no I can't get that right ,So I deleated the bones and put the 2008 rig in BUT I got lots of hands and legs in the relationships folders, :( I forgot to take the relationships out .Is there any way to fix it or am I doomed.btw there is no IK on the hands and legs .Thought it was going to smooth

The only copy I have is before mirror bones is aplied

Delete the relationship folder and the pose sliders from the user properties of your model. Then open the 2008 installer model and your model in the same project. Drag and drop the relationship folder from the installer model onto your models name in the PWS.

Wow thank's a million Mark that worked like a charm,I thought it was a compleat redo thing .You saved me a lot of work there thank's again

edited

These finger controls work great Mark ,makes a lot of differance to what your able to do with the model

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I screwed up big time on the update 8 fix for the left steady arm pose, I reposted it. So if you used the fix, you will need to redo it with a version of the model BEFORE the original fix. If you don't have a version before the fix, you can send me the model and I'll fix it for you.

The problem is that the pose fix wasn't set to it's default position in the user properties (0%). So if the pose was set to (-1), the arm may have moved from it's default position in the action and exported like that. This will cause your model to not be symetrical (geometry and bones) and will cause issues with mirroring pose.

This is a major problem and I'm sorry for any inconvience.

For the fix, import the update 8 fix model, turn OFF IK legs, IK arms and all spine poses in the user properties. Create new action and export model following the instructions.

• 3 months later...
still a problem

Make a new model, put one bone in it and try running the plugin...does it show up? If it does, it may be a problem with the model. If it doesn't, then we'll have to do some other exploring. What version of A:M are you using? If you are using v15, are you using prior to v15f or later than v15f? There are specific versions of the plugin for before and after v15f. If that doesn't fix the problem, the only recommendation I have is to try re-installing A:M.

Hope that helps, Gene.

The first thing I notice is that your model is not symetrical (model is quite a bit off center). The plugin did not mirror the fanbones, do to the fact that the model is not centered (copied, flipped and attached). I'm betting the the left side bones did not parent correctly either, for the same reason (that's why the fanbones didn't mirror).

Your best bet (if you still have a version saved before running the plugin), is to delete the left side of your model (right side of the screen), and copy, flip attach (making sure the center spline is at 0 on the X axis). You don't have to worry about the belt or any hair geometry being mirrored.

If you're still having problems you can post the model or e-mail it to me and I'll see what the problem is.

ok it is things like this that make me wanna just stop and never try again.

after 2 days rigging I have this........

grrr2.jpg

put him in a choreography and I have 2 seperate rigs??????????????????

grrr1.jpg

I know it is something I am doing wrong but I have little patience with things.

2 days....sigh

actionman.mdl

ok it is things like this that make me wanna just stop and never try again.

after 2 days rigging I have this........

grrr2.jpg

put him in a choreography and I have 2 seperate rigs??????????????????

grrr1.jpg

I know it is something I am doing wrong but I have little patience with things.

2 days....sigh

actionman.mdl

I did a quick look and saw that some bones are created that shouldn't be there, Gene. It looks like the rig wasn't centered when you mirrored the bones...and the character wasn't centered when modeling. That would be why there is a "leftBody" bone and it's children...which shouldn't be there.

Hope that helps.

I had it set at 0

I dont know what else I can do.

Here is the model with the rig corrected...at least the duplicated bones. You'll have to do the left side weighting...but you won't be able to accurately mirror the weights since the model is not centered, so you'll have to manually weight it.

Hope that helps, Gene.

actionman_update.mdl

Here is a fixed model. I recopied, flipped and attached the head, snapped to mirrored point on the body and set the center spines to 0 on the X axis. I also deleted all the bones the plugin created on the previous attempt. This model MirrorBones correctly, but I strongly suggest spending more time weighting before running the plugin.You may need to fix some groups.

Also, I see the Left side bone had a lower case "L". Make sure you settings in the MirrorBones plugin are EXACTLY the same as the settings in the instructions.

actionman_Mark.mdl

Thanks

So my problem is.....everything MUST be on "0"

Thanks for the fix, although this is something I need to master myself.

I want to be able to rig on my own.

I have no idea whatsover what weighting is.

Thanks,

Gene

• 9 months later...

I haven't done much in updating the face rig and setting up an installer (a few things I need to update and add). I wanted to take a look at A:M Track2's new rigging setup. My face rig is base on Luuk's original setup. I use it in the models I rerig, but that's about it.

It's not that difficult to install (pretty easy), but the weighting takes alot of time. I really haven't had any motivation in writing up any instructions for it either, that's the biggest obstacle. There wasn't a whole lot of feedback from the example model I posted, so things came to a hault fairly quickly.

As I said, it still needs some work, but I haven't really gotten the urge to work on it. One of these days. I have a new updated spine for the 2008 rig (5 bone spine, works like TSM2 rig), but there are other things I want to eventually update as well.