Hash, Inc. Forums

Spherical Beach Ball Texture

Masna

Hello everyone,

Could anyone provide for me a set of XYZ coordinates using the spherical combiner texture? After a lot of playing with different settings, I just can't seem to find it. (I'm just that bad at math)

Thanks in advance,

Masna

You may be bad in math, but I don't believe you can make a Beach ball texture with spherical or any of the other combiners. The Spherical combiner creates spheres of color with a thickness defined by the ring sizes

If you want to make a beach ball, the easiest way is to make lathe a sphere with 6 Longitudinal divisions (north-south). Make 6 groups, each consisting of the patches between 2 adjacent Longitude Splines. Set the color on the group ( i.e. red, yellow, green, blue, orange, white). You can set the reflectivity and transparency on the basic model to make it look more like plastic if you are trying for a realistic beach ball.

Hope that helps

Thanks John! I wish I could download it, but my computer has not been my friend lately, and won't let me save files from Hash. Don't ask me why... my computer is just cool like that.

EDIT: My computer stopped being a retard and let me download it.