Hash, Inc. Forums

Episode 7 Now Online

ernesttx

hello everyone,

just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working on the next episode. I've also started a new job, so I'm not sure of my schedule and how much time I will be dedicating each week. But, I am still working on the series.

The book is on hold for a little while. I checked online printing services, but I feel that the pricing is a bit steep at the moment. If anyone knows of cheaper book printing services, please let me know. If nothing else, I might offer the book as a downloadable PDF or something similiar.

A peek shot of the next episode:

shotone_00352.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening, everyone.

I've managed to finish Episode 7 and upload it tonight. Be cautious of the sound level, it may be a bit loud. Be sure to turn down your speakers a bit and adjust the volume accordingly.

If someone is a Flash guru, or knows of someone, I am trying to create a volume slider for the video player. But, I'm a novice and trying to find out how to do it.

Hope everyone enjoys it. :)

Thanks Gerry. :)

I'm always a bit concerned when others view the episodes and wonder how their experience is. I'm hoping it's good, but there are varying experiences with monitors and such. I'll see if I can't crank up the gamma a bit. The episode takes place in the dark building however.

Sorry, can't help with the vol control. I built an mp3 player as a class project awhile back and had to get a look at it. Unfortunately it's got everything but a volume control!

Hey but I just thought of something. Are you pubbing these as .flv files? If you are you can put in a control bar with a vol control, can't you?

Thanks for the effort, Gerry. I'm publishing as SWF files. I learned how to build the videoplayer using swf files first. I've searched the net and all over, but, I'm not sure that I will be able to use swf files and have a volume slider. I'll look into FLVs. But, that's another thing I'll have to spend time on learning. Argh, it never ends. hehehe

Excellent! Thanks for another great episode.

If you don't have Adobe Flash Video Encoder (the easiest way to make FLV movies IMHO), I think SUPER can convert video files to FLV, and it's free.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

As far as embedding an FLV movie in a web page, this free tool might help. ("Any FLV Player" )

http://www.any-flv-player.com/add-video-to...flv_player.html

I like it. It's far from perfect but you already have a good sense of drama and cinema. The story, so far, is catching and shows a great sense of suspense. The framings, angles and compositions are very good and you have well thought out shots overall. This looks like your strongest skill. Lighting is good too. The characters are well differentiated and recognizable. The animations are rough though but they are improving. And on the "need improvement" side: timing is often off and slow. There is a lack of pacing and the voice are emotionless. You're on a very good start. Just keep up improving the animation side of that project.

Thanks for the comments HomeSlice and ypoissant.

HomeSlice, I looked at the 2 programs you suggested. I'm not sure at this time about FLV. It seems I would need Flash MX 2004 and Flash 7 or above. I only have Flash MX at the moment and I'll have to look into whether I would be able to use, code, create web stuff for FLV with an older version. I know, update hehe

ypoissant, thanks for your comments. I come from a videographer background, so composing and "cinema" type shots what I'm prone to seeing in my mind's eye. The pacing is a bit slower and will pick up as the story goes along. As for the voices, I blame myself. hehe

Thanks mouseman. I love using a camera, but, with any type of video production it can take several people to make a film. With Animation Master and just me, I can do pretty much everything I can think up. It's one of the best pieces of software around. I've tried other programs, but, I find that other software just gets in the way of trying to work. A:M just does it for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...