Hash, Inc. Forums

picoPower

agep

Hello friends

I want to show you the latest collaborated animation done for Atmel. Its a combination between 3D objects and 2D environment

Short description of the animation:

Thor demonstrates how he uses picopower technology to save energy while maintaining a high performance level through fast wake-ups and effective peripheral control.

Please let me know what you think

Best regards

Stian

picoPower animation please be patient, the file is 23MB

Credits:

Runar Finanger - After Effects/Environment/Editing

Eivind Sivertsen - Sound Design/Story

Stian Wahlvåg - 3D/Animation

Very cool, Stian!

I would like to see more weight diplayed every time one of his feet lands

I changed my mind. I think what it needs is more anticipation before he throws the hammer, (more time and more backward stretch), and have him concentrating on where he is aiming, instead of looking at the camera. (Of course these are just my opinions and I realise that it is probably too late now anyway). Very cool just the same.

Well done :)

• Admin

I couldn't stop watching it. In fact, I watched it over and over again. :)

The music... the imagery... the whole package... captivating.

I think there was a subtle reason I kept watching though.

In hindsight I think I missed something important on my initial/subsequent views.

If I had to suggest just one thing it would be to have the letters flash on the heads up display on the left, the words "Crush Excessive Power Consumption" and/or move the flashing 'Active Mode' button.

The trouble with the current setup is that attention goes to the flashing 'Active Mode' button and away from the text at the left. This would be okay except that the time that it takes to try to find what is important in that text on the left isn't sufficient. Before the brain has an opportunity to understand the sequence has moved on.

I think having the 'Active Mode' work as it is now but being joined by a flashing "Crush Excessive Power Consumption" would communicate the important text effectively.

Great... Great... Great stuff Stian, Eivind and Runar!

focus.jpg

This is very good.

There are a few areas that might be tweaked a bit, if you're still working with it. It has to do with motion arcs, follow-through, and secondary motion. Overall, he moves a little stiff. And.... he appears to be running with his knees bent.

My two cents.

Steve P.

Very slick Stian! I love the mountain breaking up. Is that done in AM?

There are a few niggles in the run cycle (eg lagging of the forearms) and then in a throw like that, your arm tends to straighten a little in the middle of the swing to form a curve. But then he is a robot. :D

Thank you guys!

if you're still working with it
It is delivered an will likely not get revisited. However, we have two other teasers in production;)

I love the mountain breaking up. Is that done in AM?
Thanks. it sure is, and it is blown up with the help of the Newton plugin:) A few extra rocks are added with AE