• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Nice one John!

I couldn't resist playing with your project file.

In my pic you can see I didn't fix the corners of the ice.

I did add a couple decals to Rabbit and the ice which I dialed down the transparency on all of them considerably.

Makes me want to experiment with Newton (blow up the ice?) or make it melt... but not today. Maybe someone else will run with that.

Very cool! (literally and figuratively)

FreezeRabbitorIllshoot.jpg

• Admin
Did you do it with a boolean?

No. Thats the great thing about John's project files. Pretty much everything you need is there.

(Using a Boolean cutter though... great idea! That could yield some very interesting shapes.)

The box (ice) is just getting shorter.

In the Choreography I went into Muscle mode, grabbed each of the box's top 4 corner Control Points and animated them moving down at varying rates. If you look closely you'll see that each side maintains its linear nature.

I may return to this as I'd love to experiment and take this to its comical conclusion.

As Rabbit thaws out he would start to move around but still be frozen at his feet.

I don't have time for that kind of experimentation but I'm not sure I can resist it either. ;)

..and if the ice cube rotated slightly as it slides ever so slowly toward the edge of a cliff...

• Admin
I literally guessed at settings

That's why you are the Tinkering Gnome. :)

Is it tinkering? magic? I'm not sure we'll ever know.

Sorry to wander into your topic Mr. Master Chief!

Hopefully John's example will work for you as well as it inspired me.

Okay Rodney here are two other ideas....remove the rabbit....actually delete groups and setup like the ice

ICED0.jpg

Or idea as originally asked added a little roughness to ice setup with was applied to a grid that as simcloth was dropped on the vehicle then simcloth material removed ..not really necesaary ...slightly adjusted and we get this

ICY30.jpg