Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

two questions

TheSpleen

Someone please answer these two question!!!!

Question #1.

I am far into the TAOA:M and have yet to be able to save a model as actor or model or as anything but .prj!

How do I save it? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I am very frustrated LOL.

Question #2.

after doing "Make it Talk" my work was great but when I save it to .mov it has no sound.

I noticed many peoples had no sound either. what file type or how do I save it with sound?

Thanks a million to any who answer these. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please answer these two question!!!!

Question #1.

I am far into the TAOA:M and have yet to be able to save a model as actor or model or as anything but .prj!

How do I save it? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I am very frustrated LOL.

Question #2.

after doing "Make it Talk" my work was great but when I save it to .mov it has no sound.

I noticed many peoples had no sound either. what file type or how do I save it with sound?

Thanks a million to any who answer these. :)

question #1: right click on the model in the project work space and choose "save model as"...

question #2: after you hit the render button choose "advanced" in the rendering panel, then you can check your settings when rendering to .mov....

hope that helps....

• Hash Fellow

How do I save it?

you can also right-click in the modeling window to do a "save-as"

quote: thefreshestever:

question #2: after you hit the render button choose "advanced" in the rendering panel, then you can check your settings when rendering to .mov....

hope that helps....

Ok I am there but which one does the sound?

only one that looked close was stereo but that turned out to be the 3d glasses setting.

Btw thanks!

• Hash Fellow
I did just make an uncompressed animation and it did have sound, but if I do sorenson3 as a mov I get silence.

I didn't know there was a way to make it NOT include sound. Sor3 shouldn't be a problem. Try MPEg4 just to see

I did just make an uncompressed animation and it did have sound, but if I do sorenson3 as a mov I get silence.

I didn't know there was a way to make it NOT include sound. Sor3 shouldn't be a problem. Try MPEg4 just to see

doing an mpeg4 now, will take awhile to render, I will report back.

Ok evidently I dont have a player that plays mpeg4 lol but the player I do have gave me an error saying it couldnt decode it

but at the same time it did play the sound but not the video.

So I am assuming mpeg4 does work with sound.

Ok evidently I dont have a player that plays mpeg4 lol but the player I do have gave me an error saying it couldnt decode it

Both should play sound but you have come accross one thing that the chor plays sound when rendered at MPEG4 but not soreno?? Can you save the .chr file and upload it here you might have to zip it first then we can try it too help find out what is going wrong??

Both should play sound but you have come accross one thing that the chor plays sound when rendered at MPEG4 but not soreno?? Can you save the .chr file and upload it here you might have to zip it first then we can try it too help find out what is going wrong??

I didn't save it but I am sure I can make another one.

any simple chor with sound does same thing.

I used a sound that came with A:M

but if I decide to use one of my own do I use wav? mp3?

Just a quick sanity check... you did drag and drop the sound file into the chor yes? And you should hear the sound file if you scrub through the chor (advance the frames by hand).

r

yes it works fine in program

it is only the save file that does not have sound.

when you open up the quicktime player and do Help>About Quicktime Player... what version of quicktime does it show?

not sure but I will find out tomorrow.

you will notice others in the make it talk topic without sound as well.