Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Project

I have decided to make a short movie in order to better my skills as an animator, modeler and texturer. I centers around a ninja that has to complete an assassination. Right now I am working on the set. So far I have finished the bed and the table. Here they are. I look forward to the completion of this project and the criticism to help me make it better. Thanks in advance!

MasterFunk

post-11452-1222469378_thumb.jpg

post-11452-1222469414_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your models look great. I just have couple of questions.

Where will the assassination take place?

Will this be like old time ninja theme?

CHEERS!

It will take place in the enemy compound. I don't really know what you mean by 'old time ninja theme.' Could you explain?

HI- This is a great start, though the bed (and bedposts) look a little clunky. The knobs look large and out of proportion, and I'm wondering why the bed is on a solid platform instead of legs.

The table looks great though!

The bed was originally going to be a futon type thing to make it look more japanese but it evolved a little while I was making it. Here is another prop.

post-11452-1222545045_thumb.jpg

The neck looks really square to me... i don't have a pic of it but in the movie "300" when the head wash chopped off it stayed an oval shape

also the spine is closer to the back of the neck

I just copied and pasted the head from my other model and where I copied it the shoulders were starting. I did round it out now though. Thanks for the criticism. I am rendering an AO image of the head now so I will post it when it is done.

I also rounded out the knobs on the bed posts. Here is a pic, although the closer ones look a bit flat still.

MasterFunk

post-11452-1222623397_thumb.jpg

It will take place in the enemy compound. I don't really know what you mean by 'old time ninja theme.' Could you explain?

What I meant to say is that what your scene and the surrounding will look like. Will it look like those old time Japanese movies?

CHEERS!

The scene will be a more traditional japanese setting but the over all mood will be a little dark. So yes and no

Head is looking good but I don't think the neck would flare out like that.

I just cut and paste so that is how it was connected. I am going to leave it as it is. I will only been seen briefly anyway.

I finished the barracks, the bag of coins, and the map.

post-11452-1222912482_thumb.jpg

post-11452-1222912500_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I have run into a problem. After I installed the finger bones I tried the hands clench pose sliders and it turned out really bad. There were fingers in every possible direction, not resembling anything like a fist. This didn't bother me too much and I just made new poses. The poses looked great when I created them but when I tried them in an action the first joints all locked. Why did this happen? I attatched the model file. If anyone has any idea what the problem is it would be very helpful to me.

Thanks,

MasterFunk

Mastertest.mdl

• Hash Fellow

I looked at it. In your Setup Relationships>Basic Setup Relationships folder there are a bunch of constraints on the finger bones.

Those are overriding the pose keys you put on the first finger bones

I presume those are left over from the original finger controlling scheme that used one bone (made visible with "Show Fingers")to control the three bones of a finger. You're not really supposed to pose the individual finger bones directly. You woudl use the one bone control for each finger to shape the fingers in your clench poses.

However, something else has been omitted that is keeping that one control bone from curling the last two bones like it supposed to when it is rotated.

I'm not an expert onthe AM2001 rig so i'm not sure what's been left out.

You could delete those poses in the Basic Setup Relationships folder if you prefer just doing all three bones individually. You'll probably have to redo you clench poses.

BTW, I'd recommend using TSM2 instead of AM2001. It's easier to install and somewhat more foolproof

I fixed it. I placed the finger bones like real fingers when they are not supposed to go there. I set all the constraints back and now it works perfectly. Thanks Robcat.

I changed the lighting a little bit and made the hands a little bit more natural.

post-11452-1225574995_thumb.jpg

looking good so far... i think the jumps are too fast, i would also clarify the anticipation before the jumps and the landing by exaggerating the poses and adding a few more frames.... even a ninja has to bring his body back in balance after such big jumps. view some footage on youtube or film yourself doing jumps and you´ll notice that there are some more poses to add in between...

the walk before the first jump looks a bit too stompy for a ninja, i guess ninjas try to walk as quiet as possible...

I've been following you project through out. It's looking really good. I know that ninja's mystic makes them appear to defy the laws of physics, but during the jumps it feels like your guy does not have mass or inertia. Freshest's crits are on the money. Also, while in the air the body line could shift from \ from the takeoff to / for the landing. Good work.

Myron