Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hecklenjeckle

Empty Library Panel

Hi there,

I'm just getting started with A:M and was playing around before starting the tutorial, I hit the "Reset all settings to their default values?" button under Help and now I have no folders available in my Library Panel where all the objects that come with A:M are stored and accessible. I have been trying for days to figure out how to get them back and I must be missing some simple solution to this. Please help, thanks aj

Hi there,

I'm just getting started with A:M and was playing around before starting the tutorial, I hit the "Reset all settings to their default values?" button under Help and now I have no folders available in my Library Panel where all the objects that come with A:M are stored and accessible. I have been trying for days to figure out how to get them back and I must be missing some simple solution to this. Please help, thanks aj

Also, I'm running a Mac with V15 if this is important. Another user had what sounds like a similar problem What is Library and how do I use it, but I couldn't see an answer to my problem. Also as I was going through EX1Director when the narrator goes over the Pose Sliders Tab there are several sub tabs All, Face, Rig and Hands, my Pose Sliders Tab is also empty. I am assuming this is related to my resetting to default values?

Maybe you need to point AM to the directory of the Library files?

options.jpg

Also as I was going through EX1Director when the narrator goes over the Pose Sliders Tab there are several sub tabs All, Face, Rig and Hands, my Pose Sliders Tab is also empty. I am assuming this is related to my resetting to default values?

This sounds unrelated.

Pose Sliders are context sensitive in that if a Model doesn't have a Pose Slider none will appear.

More than likely you have models open that don't have any Pose Sliders set up.

To test, you need to either open a model with poses defined or create one of your own.

Once you've located one, open the Model or select it in the Project Workspace and the sliders should be there. You can usually see them in the Properties of the Model under 'User Properties' as well.

You don't have to wait until you get your Libraries reconnected to test this.

Locate a model such as Keekat in your Hash Inc v15 folder (under Data/Models/Actors), open that and look under your Pose Sliders.

PoseSliders.jpg

Maybe you need to point AM to the directory of the Library files?

Thanks KenH,

I had a look at the Options Menu, which crashed a few times when I tried to open it, finally I opened a project from the disc and the Folders Tab under Options Menu shows this under Libraries (lbr files).

/Applications/Animation Master 15.0/Libraries

When I click OK and restart program I saw no change, should my folder look like yours "Hash Inc\Libraries - 5.0\data\Libraries etc.? Is there a process to bring the entire Library in at once other than bringing Models, Actions, Choreographies etc. one by one which does seem to be working. But creating folders for all these functions does not seem right, on the other hand I've been wrong so many times I'm running out of things to try.

Also tried pointing to the Data\Libraries\Hash CD Libraries.lbr but see no change either. Am I pointing correctly?

Also as I was going through EX1Director when the narrator goes over the Pose Sliders Tab there are several sub tabs All, Face, Rig and Hands, my Pose Sliders Tab is also empty. I am assuming this is related to my resetting to default values?

This sounds unrelated.

Pose Sliders are context sensitive in that if a Model doesn't have a Pose Slider none will appear.

More than likely you have models open that don't have any Pose Sliders set up.

To test, you need to either open a model with poses defined or create one of your own.

Once you've located one, open the Model or select it in the Project Workspace and the sliders should be there. You can usually see them in the Properties of the Model under 'User Properties' as well.

You don't have to wait until you get your Libraries reconnected to test this.

Locate a model such as Keekat in your Hash Inc v15 folder (under Data/Models/Actors), open that and look under your Pose Sliders.

Thanks Rodney,

I tried as per your instructions and saw plenty of Pose Sliders show up, Cool Stuff. Aj

Glad you're making some progress with this. It can be a little frustrating at first, but hang in there and don't be afraid to ask questions here. I'm always amazed at the elementary questions being posed on the forum by people whose work I consider to be really advanced.