Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Eldar War Walker (Warhammer 40K)

agep

Hi friends

Here is my current work in progress. Its the Eldar War Walker from Warhammer 40K. I just love the design of the walker since it got both mechanical and organic feel over it. I bought a model of it which I have sent to a good friend of mine who is a warhammer figure painter. At the moment I only got photos of the unbuilt model itself as reference while modeling. I was not able to find any blueprints of the walker. Also, due to limited spare time, the progress is going a little slow. Anyway, here is what I got so far. Let me know what you think

eldar_war_walker1.jpg eldar_war_walker2.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi friends

Here is my current work in progress. Its the Eldar War Walker from Warhammer 40K. I just love the design of the walker since it got both mechanical and organic feel over it. I bought a model of it which I have sent to a good friend of mine who is a warhammer figure painter. At the moment I only got photos of the unbuilt model itself as reference while modeling. I was not able to find any blueprints of the walker. Also, due to limited spare time, the progress is going a little slow. Anyway, here is what I got so far. Let me know what you think

eldar_war_walker1.jpg eldar_war_walker2.jpg

Could I get a copy of that model? I just want to study the modeling techniques. It would be much apreciated.

Thank you guys!

Could I get a copy of that model? I just want to study the modeling techniques. It would be much apreciated.
I might donate the model when it is finished, but I have not decided yet

Incredible work as usual. I found this site just searching google images. It has a lot of reference pics you might find useful
Thanks George!

Thank you guys!

I might donate the model when it is finished, but I have not decided yet

Incredible work as usual. I found this site just searching google images. It has a lot of reference pics you might find useful
Thanks George!

No problem

Cool work, all warhammer enthusiasts will be dazzled.

By the way: When i am modelling more complex shapes,

i allways get to the point, where A:M gets rrrrreeeeeally slow.

Your models sometimes are also very dense, do you also suffer

of this slow down? And if so, what are you doing against it?

Cheers,

Heiner

When i am modelling more complex shapes,

I simply break up the model and does the modeling of bits and parts in separate windows. When done with a part I just copy it to the main model. Therefore.. almost no modeling is done in the main modeling window. As a funfact: The Bismarck model I made a few years ago consisted of nearly 20 parts which I had to assemble in an action

When i am modelling more complex shapes,

I simply break up the model and does the modeling of bits and parts in separate windows. When done with a part I just copy it to the main model. Therefore.. almost no modeling is done in the main modeling window. As a funfact: The Bismarck model I made a few years ago consisted of nearly 20 parts which I had to assemble in an action

Are there any limitations to that? Do you recommend that workflow?

Hmmm,

yes, i do the "breaking up" allready. But sometimes i have to assemble the stuff in modelling.

I just made a tree, and the roots got so complex, that i had to break it appart,

then, when reassembling and reconnecting, it took about 30 seconds to draw a

attaching spline and another 30 seconds to attach it.

Not for the impatient, no Sir, not at all ...

Cheers

Heiner

Here is a new update. Just minor modeling left on the walker. Need to make a seat. pilot and maybe a turntable. I've also attached wireframe as requested earlier. Let me know what you think

eldar_war_walker0.jpg eldar_war_walker1.jpg eldar_war_walker2.jpg

eldar_war_walker_wire0.jpg eldar_war_walker_wire1.jpg eldar_war_walker_wire2.jpg

• Admin

That is off the hook Stian.

You make the difficult look so easy.

By this I mean to say there is no way I could model like you but you still make me think I could if I put my mind to it. Your modeling is so simple in its complexity.

Thanks for this inspirational walkthrough of the making of your war walker.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a busy week for me, so I haven't had to much spare time to work on Eldar. However, I have managed to some minor updates these last couple of days. I've added the pilot

eldar_war_walker0.jpg eldar_war_walker1.jpg eldar_war_walker2.jpg

• Admin

Aha! At last we have proof.

Stian has found a way to clone himself.

Thats the only explanation that can account for how he can keep producing such high quality at such a quick pace. (well... cloning himself... and using Animation:Master)

Beautiful model/Impressive walk cycle Stian! :)

I assume this guy is going to make it into a live action scene?

Thank you animas3D and Rodney

Impressive walk cycle Stian! :)
I can't take full credit for the walk cycle since I took the resolute walk as a starting point and simply tweaked it to fit the walker

I assume this guy is going to make it into a live action scene?
Your assumptions are correct. Live action was the reason for the choice of model. However it will most likely end up with as a short test clip.. no story etc