Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problem with a Rendering

Fuchur

I've got a problem with a rendering... hopfully someone knows the artifacts and can tell me why they are happening.

I am rendering a image of a christmas tree ball.

So I took another road:

Now it uses a lighteningtechnique quite similar to yves skylight-rig (so many lights placed in a sphere around my object.

I am although using a reflectionmap (using a material) and more important a boolean cutter.

As you can see, in the sphere, there are the artifacts (and if you look very precisly although at the left top of the ball itself.

Any ideas how to get them away?

Thanks in advance

*Fuchur*

weihnachtskugel_lichter2_small.jpg

weihnachtskugel_lichter2_small_wire.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

I must not have a very discerning eye... I don't see any artifacts where your arrows are pointing.

What are we suppose to be seeing?

Its hard to tell by your wireframe but just to check... make sure your objects are closed to get the best effects with booleans.

I must not have a very discerning eye... I don't see any artifacts where your arrows are pointing.

What are we suppose to be seeing?

Its hard to tell by your wireframe but just to check... make sure your objects are closed to get the best effects with booleans.

I am talking about the straight lines.

Have a look at the grey-material inside the sphere. They are not supposed to be there.

It is hard to see in the low-resolution-image in the red-part in the upper left corner but I cropped the area out.

Have a look at this area.

*Fuchur*

renderproblem_lines.jpg

You can see the lines very clearly in the shadow below the ornament too. My first hunch would be a combination of the lighting and multipass. That's where I would start to investigate. It's not the model or any material on it since the shadows also show signs of the distortion. Is is possible that you have any post effect going on? Have you tried rendering with a standard light setup or AO with one light for shadows? Just make a new chor and try that first. Obviously if that renders fine, then you know for sure it's your light setup.

• Admin

Now I see. I was assuming the lines where part of the inside material of the ornament.

As you hadn't pointed to the shadows via arrow I assumed that brushed metal effect was desired in the render. The same effect is indeed very clear in the shadows.

It does appear to be something in the lighting setup.

Eric and John may be on to something here.

If you have any materials in the model (especially brushed metal!) check there as well.