Hash, Inc. Forums

I will help new users (only)!!

bigbadwolf

I'm new but motivated. this place is in dire need of a chatroom and AM: Buddy system. I am going to set up a common area were users can easily meet and chat about how inferior novice animationist like myself.Can help one another become better and learn in layment or (speak slowly yum hawaiian) terms that we can all understand.I will post an address soon! keep animating don't get frustrated! I will return.....Oh! Yeah,by the way all you unsupportive Techies and pro's.We (Newbies) paid too! you all can stay here and jargon each other witless about how awsome and technical you are.....(LOOOSERRSSS)!!! lol:the big bad wolf. bigbadwolf.arruda@gmail.com

I believe this was brought up before. As stated before... I can setup an IRC channel called #A:M on efnet if you like.. I already have a few bots that monitor other channels and can just have them log into this one as well.

EDIT: I have created a #A:M channel on efnet with three bots as ops. I will keep the channel alive for a while. If I don't see any activity or interest, I will remove the bots and close the channel. If you are a senior member of these forums and see me on ([DS]LynxW) and would like auto op, let me know.

EDIT2: I don't really want to bump this thread, but it is what I was talking about.

• Admin

A:M can always use more highly motivated Users Groups.

Good luck in the endeavor!

As others have suggested A:M does have a chatroom.

New users can often be found there.

I do wonder what becomes of the members of this proposed group when they are no longer new users.

Do they scurry over to the house thats made of sticks to work through their manuals? Will they eventually join in the brick and mortar animatin' going on at Practical Pig's studio and create a feature film? I haven't read ahead enough in the story to know.

It is true, sometimes the best help a new user will get is from other new users. No one knows new users like new users.

Just make sure that crazy wolf don't eat you. He's hungry to animate!

Keep blowin' down the houses ya big 'ol bad 'ol wolf you! :)

I'm guessing the chat feature is under the community "view"? The one that requires you to create an account? And to do that, you have to register the software, and to do that, you have to fill out a bunch of forms.. one of which is the date you purchased? Shoot.. I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday..

Well.. I did all that.. now what? It prompts me for my username and password.. and then nothing happens..

Plus, isn't that only available if you are logged into A:M at the time?

Edit: Oh.. and making it a newb only channel.. seems kind of useless.. Blind leading the blind come to mind?

I'm guessing the chat feature is under the community "view"? The one that requires you to create an account? And to do that, you have to register the software, and to do that, you have to fill out a bunch of forms.. one of which is the date you purchased? Shoot.. I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday..

Well.. I did all that.. now what? It prompts me for my username and password.. and then nothing happens..

Plus, isn't that only available if you are logged into A:M at the time?

Edit: Oh.. and making it a newb only channel.. seems kind of useless.. Blind leading the blind come to mind?

You only have to create a username and password...that's it.

• Admin
But really, post your questions to the forum and you'll get help from a wider pool of knowledgeable people than whoever happens to be on chat at the time.

Other benefits of the forum over chat include:

- More permanent record (the chat cache must be cleared from time to time)

- The forum is searchable

- Everyone can benefit from the information posted in the forum (you don't even have to be logged in to read)