Hash, Inc. Forums

pose slider oddness when controlling color

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

When i make a pose slider to control the color of a group, and set it to be full white at slider 100% and full black at slider 0%...

why do the curves for the RGB channels represent the white at 100% as 0,0,0 and as -255, -255, -255 for the black at 0%?

What is the reason for that offset?

When i make a pose slider to control the color of a group, and set it to be full white at slider 100% and full black at slider 0%...

why do the curves for the RGB channels represent the white at 100% as 0,0,0 and as -255, -255, -255 for the black at 0%?

What is the reason for that offset?

Just guessing, but was the group white before you added the slider? That would account for the offset. If the group is black before you add the slider do you get a different effect?

• Hash Fellow
Just guessing, but was the group white before you added the slider? That would account for the offset. If the group is black before you add the slider do you get a different effect?

Yes, I think that's it. The group really had no color assigned to it but I guess that default white is taken as a starting value.

If I color the group 0,0,0 black before I make the pose, the curves look like they like they represent the numbers better.

thanks.