Hash, Inc. Forums

Enterprise under construction

Hello friends:

Just wanted to post my contest entry and a wireframe of the scene. I've worked on it a little bit more, but the basics are unchanged. I really wanted to keep the modeling to a minimum and concentrate more on the mood and lighting. AM v.15 has been very stable when it came to putting all these lights in a scene. Most of the lights have lens flares turned on to get the effect I was after. I also used smoke particles, although the background is comprised of two camera rotoscopes, one with stars and moon, and the other one with the majority of the background smoke. Feel free to leave any comments or questions.

-E

post-12221-1220770079_thumb.jpg

post-12221-1220770091_thumb.jpg

Oh was it in the contest? I don't remember clicking on it. I wouldn't guess it was the enterprise without you telling me (I'd probably miss the writing at a quick glance). Very nice model and atmosphere.

I appreciate the interest and comments, thank you.

Yes, Stian, I used lens flare on almost every light in the scene to give the illusion of being able to see the actual sources of the lights. This is after all a sort of dry dock which would be lit with lots of halogen and other lights.

Ken, not sure what to say other than yes, it was in the contest :( . How fast do you go through voting :huh: ?

Thank you Stormed :)

Darkwing, you are right on both counts. I wanted to emulate the look and feel of the trailer pic and yes, I did use parts of Gabe's enterprise as reference.

Rob, you are also right on. I actually wanted it to be quite dark and am very pleased with the outcome. I don't think I could have worked with this many lights without problems in an earlier version of AM - koodos to the AM programmers. Btw, this was done with V.15