Hash, Inc. Forums

Chor turns almost black in all projects

I had to leave on a business trip this past Friday and just came back. When I left, AM was running perfectly on my desktop. Upon turning my desktop on just now, I was very surprised to find that my WIP chor, which had no issues last Friday, now looks like all lights are down to about 10%, almost black. Naturally the values in the PWS have not changed, but the chor is almost black nonetheless. Thinking this might be a corrupt project file, I loaded a completely different project from a few weeks ago. The chor in that project also had the same problem, almost black. I opened one more old project and found the same. Since all chors were affected, I knew it had to be something other than the project files. The next step was to close AM down, shut down my computer, and re-open both. Upon getting AM back up and running, I was surprised to find that the problem persisted. Nothing else seems to be affected, and my projects look fine on my laptop.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I also checked my Gamma setting under "Tools", but that was still where I had left it on Friday, 1.0. I'm a bit stumped right now and any suggestions are appreciated.

-E

Neither of those apply Ken. To make sure, I tried opening the same project on my laptop, and it's fine there. I'm using a USB memory stick to store the project on. Like I said, it's this way with all projects now. The only thing I can think of is ZoneAlarm firewall and program control. When I booted up, I got a message saying that System32 is trying to act as a server. Since it gave me no further information and this did not sound like something normal was happening, I chose the option to deny the request. Maybe AM was the program that made the request and now it's not running right? If that's the case, I'm not sure how to correct it now. I did close both AM and Zonealarm to try and run AM without running Zonealarm in the background, but I still got the blackened chor. Very frustrating. I wonder if I should uninstall and reinstall AM?