Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

export pose sliders?

flashawd

Hi - I did a search and didn't really see anything about this question. I had a client to put it nicely "didn't really work out" so the new guy uses Lightwave and I was able to export the model as an .obj and that worked great. I created a number of pose sliders as face expressions of the character - is there a way to export these so this poor new guy's life will be a little easier. ;)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a wild guess from limited experience. My thought would be to export each of the poses with the model from a choreography. I think you can either export directly or bake the actions so the exported models mesh is changed to reflect the poses. Open each complete model in AM and export to .obj. The person using the other application would then load those models as "morph targets". the only problem I see is polygon count and layout. I know absolutely nothing about polygon apps or morph targets but it probably requires that they have the exact same polygon count and basic position. It's been a while since I even learned about morph targets so maybe this isn't the case anymore.

Another option would be to export the animation of the poses themselves as some sort of animated sequence in polygon format. Maybe that could be used to create the morph targets. Don't know much about that either.

Okay... brain empty. I'm out. ;)

-vern