Hash, Inc. Forums

Really good Cartoon / Caricature Artist

flashawd

Hi - Awhile back I posted asking if anyone knew a really good artist that could create a rotoscope drawing for a character - a couple people nicely responded and had some pretty good drawings they had done. I live out in California in the valley and happen to be up at Universal Studios and noticed they have an area set up with caricature artists, so I decided to have him do one and see how it came out. He is a very talented guy and it came out great. I am using it now to create a character, and it is working pretty well - I probably should have had him do a profile drawing as well.

Anyway, I thought I would post his email and website portfolio if anyone is in need of any drawings, they could contact him. He said he could do what he did for me with a photograph and scan it and email it - so the person doesn't have to actually be there.

Thomas Sterns

http://playillustration.com:80/ArtistPortf...s.aspx?AID=2249

tcstarnes@sbcglobal.net

Here is the drawing he did - he hand draws it first and then airbrushes it for depth

rotoscopeFrontFace0001.jpg

I've always admired those quick-sketch artists...but also wondered what kind of 'clone' school do they go to where everyone learns to draw the same way- it's kinda spooky!

I think this style will translate well into an A:M character, I await the progress reports!