Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my character in video

Walter Baker

Hi All, Newbies and experts,

I am using subscription v15.0c on a iMac G4 and would love to place my character into my Granddaughters home video. The video is 320x240 and a QuickTime movie. (very small) about 9 seconds long.

I have had some advice and found very few tutorial helps on the net yet, none of them seem to get the video to play or even appear as a Rotoscope in the choreography window. I also have searched through the online manual and not found anything to help.

Does anyone have a step by step tutorial on how to get me started.

Any and ALL help would be deeply appreciated.

Your friend in 3D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how detailed you need this but a simple way if the character is always in front of the action is import qt then in chor right click and get new layer and choose qt to be on that layer . adjust this in the chor area then get the character and animate in front on the layer in the chor

Well that is a big project if you have never done that before. The first link is an on line tutorial that does just that. It puts the animation into live action.

http://www.hash.com/users/ed/tutorials/fpm/fpm.htm

The second link is to a store that has a training CD for this topic. I've used it and it is very helpful. Sam Buntrock narrates you through all the steps.

http://www.pluginz.com/product/12431?category=190

Things to think about:

1. was this video taped on a tripod? If not without using a tracking software, it is going to be more difficult to match

2. You may want to convert your quicktime into Targa files and import them that way. Take your video and decal it onto a plane. (In the training cd he goes over how to compensate for camera distortion, but basically you add a bone to the model and make an action that moves the model in and out to adjust for distortion)

3. When you use the "front projection Mapping" you have to make simple models to catch shadows

4. Your camera should be "orthogonal" not "perspective" which is the default setting.

I did this last year. This was just a photo, but it took some time doing.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...20&hl=homer

Hope that helps.

Andy

:blink:

Thanks for the help guys, I have already tried the tut of boy walking across road and down sidewalk. No luck. Sometimes my poor sad ole' brain doesn't quite understand what I read, I seem to do much better with visual things.

I don't tend to give up easily so the battle will continue till the mountain has been crossed.

"spline on young ones"