Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first model!!!...........

JavierP

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post this so that y'all can see what I'm workin' on. I hope you like it. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done (i.e. the rest of the model!, textures, rigging etc).

Anyhow, here you go....

Javier

testA0.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm... You did about a year ago on the list. :D I have a long memory..

So I did. I just didn't think anyone else remembered :) . I guess I just never needed to upgrade. I guess I will now though, what with the new hair feature and all that other stuff.

Javier

Nice wire's. The one thing I would say is due to the simplicity of his face he probably needs less splines than more complex models. But if you're planning to do some heavy animation with it (I'm thinking the sorting hat in the Harry Potter movies type animation) Then what you've got is fine. I can't wait to see what the rest of him looks like

Nice wire's. The one thing I would say is due to the simplicity of his face he probably needs less splines than more complex models. But if you're planning to do some heavy animation with it (I'm thinking the sorting hat in the Harry Potter type animation) Then what you've got is fine. I can't wait to see what the rest of him looks like

Yes. He's high density for animation; plus, I like detailed models :D

Javier

Goodness me that's great modeling. But for the life of me I can't see a bear in it. I've looked at it up and down and sideways but .... hmmmm??

Doug

:lol: They're talking about this:

http://www.hash.com/imagecontest/Oct02/44.jpg

The model in this thread is not supposed to be a bear.

Javier

Javier,

tell me the truth, please!

Have you ever seen the real face behind

the mask of the strange bear?

:ph34r:

:huh: Uhhhh.......Ok. Is that some kind of Hailku?

Here's a wireframe for anybody who's interested. He's got feet now.

testB.jpg

Javier

• Admin

Javier,

Moving along nicely.

It's interesting to see how you are putting him together piece by piece.

When a mesh looks this good it's expected that we'll see a final surfaced model that is simply fantastic.

No pressure. :D

Your WIP reminds me of clay sulpture prior to going in the kiln.

Can't wait to see what you pour and paint on him prior to going in the kiln the next time.

Not to mention the final product when it's all done.

Rodney

Phew, I'm glad the confusion about the bear has been removed. I wasn't sure what to think of this model if it was supposed to be a bear.

Now I can say, Excellent modeling Javier!

I love the proportions and spline layout. I'm enjoying it's progression and will be checking in

frequently.

Jim

Thanks guys. As to what he is; he is a sort of creature that is so repulsive that he has to cover himself almost completely, in a body suit and a dimwitted personality. In fact the only parts of him that are at all presentable are his ears. Which is why they are so prominently on display. I haven't quite decided on a name yet though.

Javier