Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

plugins

Walter Baker

Hi all,

I have the subscription program and in my textures folder there are .atx files and am unable to open them, so do I need to get a special plugin for them or what? the error message says invalid file type or plugin missing.

Where can I get the plugin needed?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you are supposed to "open" atx files. When you make a new Material, right-click on the Attribute under the material and choose "change type to -> Plugin" and your atx files will show up in the context menu as various texture plugins.

At least that's how I think it works.

Ok, just clicking around this morning and apparently the .atx files work in relation with 'materials'

So another question, what is the process for importing a home video and placing my character into the movie, for example some of the movies out now and tv commercials.

The files are QuickTime and avi

I have seen many of them done on the web but need a starting place.

By the way thanks to all for all the help that this forum provides.

So another question, what is the process for importing a home video and placing my character into the movie, for example some of the movies out now and tv commercials.

The files are QuickTime and avi

I have seen many of them done on the web but need a starting place.

Hi. To make live action videos you simply drag and drop the video onto the camera in the choreography and select "rotocope". Then you have to set the Ground properties to "Front Project Target" to ON, so that the video is projected onto it. Second is to match the lighting of the video in the choreography. If your video have free motion (handheld) I suggest that you track it and import the camera movement into A:M. I prefer using PFHoe for tracking since it is very cheap and easy to use. For a few examples of 3D composited in video using PFHoe and A:M feel free to visit my homepage:

www.agep.biz -> Go to Gallery and scroll down to "Animation"