Hash, Inc. Forums

Just a Wooden Sword

kwhitaker

If I was to redo do this part, I would use different lighting. Even though it's a night scene, i see how it could have been better, ah well next time.

Trell is gone, thrown from the realm. Witch Lena prepares to confront the wizard, but knowing she needed help, she bargained with a demon for a share . But alas wizard Galvin was more powerful. The demon seeing this backed out of the deal, yelling bargain off! as he vanishes. wizard Galvin creates a spell forbidding Lena from Elderwood forest.

I don't know how I missed this one.

I like the wizard.

The renders are a bit dark.

I assume these renders are final. How much of the movie has been rendered to final? How long did it take?

Thanks the wizard is really the second wizard model,...yes, they are final rendes, i have about 33 minutes rendered, :blink: it has taken five years, but as i learn more, like what you suggested about adding 20 percent intensity to the models, really make them look better. i keep going back through the animation and redoing it. can you tell me what "post Effects "do. i've looked online, David Rogers,and Martin Hash books.

Great characters! Have you any animation done yet?

Thanks , yeah quite a bit done, athough it's only half way, i tried to upload a clip to youtube, but i need high speed internet,still have dial up. were hoping it will get to us.

Post effects is just like adding a layer of distortion or dust and scratches or... there are a whole bunch of effects to try. Just make a 4 second test movie and try some of them out.

I just tried, thanks Paul I couldn't find that information, pretty interesting

kwhitaker, i reely like the characters. How are you lighting your shots? In looking at the pictures you've posted, there doesn't seem to be shadows that define the form of the characters. I'm not saying it's bad, if that is the style you are going for. For example, the green character seems to be flat shaded ( i think is the term). Again, great job, i'm just curious is all. :)

kwhitaker, i reely like the characters. How are you lighting your shots? In looking at the pictures you've posted, there doesn't seem to be shadows that define the form of the characters. I'm not saying it's bad, if that is the style you are going for. For example, the green character seems to be flat shaded ( i think is the term). Again, great job, i'm just curious is all. :)

Hi .You're right about the lighting, this part of the movie was my first part, and since then I have been working on better lighting. thanks Katt

you're right about the lighting, this part of the movie was my first part, and since then I have been working on better lighting, Thanks Katt