Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Chompers Project

Hi - I have a Dentist client that wants a 3D animated illustration of the teeth being grinded down a bit and Veneers being placed on... should be a fun project. I got the mouth and teeth modeled.

mockupMouth0004.jpg

mockupMouth0004.jpg

mockupMouth0004.jpg

Need to get some advice on how to show particles of teeth grinding off w/ the drill. I'll post in the Newbies.

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NIce start and very crisp look! Your client should be happy! Particles coming off with the drilling shouldn't be too hard. A particle system will do it. If you need to show the teeth wearing down you could do an action in muscle mode and just move the cp's.

Hello - I had to start from scratch and redue the entire mouth... it was "anatomically correct" ;) Will post the "perfect mouth" pics when I get them done - I'm on about the 10th revision. I did get the drill done - any suggestions on how I can make any of the modeling better please let me know.

mockupDrill0005.jpg

mockupDrill0001.jpg

mockupDrill0002.jpg

mockupDrill0003.jpg

mockupDrill0004.jpg

I had to redue the mouth and teeth - here is the new "anatomically correct" version of the mouth. I am trying to show the shaving down of the teeth w/ pose slider - starting to play around w/ the animation now, so we'll see how it goes...

mockupMouth0007.jpg

mockupMouth0008.jpg

Looking better all the time. Am I the only one who thinks that if you gave that drill some hair it would be a very funny looking character?

Gerry

Now that you mention it, with hair, it makes me think of Creepella from the Flintstones hehe

gruesomes_insects.jpg

Jeetman - you wouldn't believe what was not anatomically correct - we went tooth by tooth, and gums and on and on.... ;) Each tooth had to be set perfectly in relation to the other one. My client had taught a "mouth anatomy" course. Looks the same to me, I actually like the look of the first on better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - the "Veneers Operation" animation is done. My client loved it, I thought it came out pretty good, but I wasn't real happy with the placement of the Veneers on the teeth, it is a little rough - I could have played around with it a bit more and made it look a little, but oh well - we are moving onto the next one - "Single Tooth Replacement" Thanks for all you comments while working on it. ;)

http://www.flashanimationwebsitedesign.com...ers400x300.html

Eric

GREAT clinical animation... I think you may have tapped a potential HUGE market.

I recently spent some time (and money) in 'the chair' on a root-canal, and though the modern dentist office is highly modern with video and computer screens everywhere, they were unable to completely describe the processes involved. Now, there were PLENTY of 'wait' times where they could have popped up a Quicktime and educated me on what was about to happen to me. I would appreciate it, who would'nt?

You should discuss with your dentist the possibility of covering half-a-dozen of the most common dental procedures, and offer them to other dental offices on a CD for a nominal fee. Now that your model is done you would have quite an economy, and the D.D.S. in the credits lends credibility.

If you don't I will. (Or someone. Maybe already has.)

Hi John - a couple companies have already beat us to it. ;-) That's exactly what this dentist is also doing. Having me create a series of these to illustrate to his clients the procedures in his office - also creating a website that other dentists can join for a monthly fee - that they can pull up and show their clients.