Hash, Inc. Forums

Rigging GalaDM with TSM Workshop

Caroline

MirrorConstraints MUST have an action or pose window open in order for the plugin to work correctly, if you don't the offsets will be incorrect.

Thanks for the info, Mark! I've never had to use the "MirrorConstraints" plugin before...I probably should have read the instructions. That would have eliminated the need to reset the compensates.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> With the TSM rig, your best bet is to setup your fan bones and fan constraints AFTER the flipper plugin and BEFORE you run the rigger plugin. I'm not sure when you are trying to do this, I haven't read all your posts or your PDF.

some double right leg and right arm bones with the left instead of right in there names after running the mirrorbones plugin.

So I thought it would be correct to use the flipper before mirrorbones.

Well, maybe something else went wrong, I am going to continue my experimenting on Monday.

(Maybe Steffen Gross will find some answers.)

It`s done quite simple in Photoshop ( since its the app I know best ) with screenshots and sticked together with the free tool "pdfsam".

It took me about one day to put together.

Maybe this technique would be apropriate for your installation-tut as well?

Well its not wink and not Camtasia and not very sophisticated at all, but does does what it should quite well, I think.

Since I have a double-monitor setup, I can follow the tut on one monitor and work on the other.

What do you think?

• Developer
>There are bones on the right side with "left" in their name, that might be the problem.

still the mirror constrain not working.

The problem is , that in your model are some bones in the relation , wich have no contraints assigned .

mc_prob.jpg

I have put a new version for the plugins on my website , they are adressing this problem , so A:M will not longer crash .

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

"Make a named group of the left half, and save the model as a starting point."

Hi Caroline

Great tutorial. Its a life savor. My only request is more pictures to illustrate the complex points you touch on.

However I am stuck at the end.

1. When you say "left half" Do you mean The Group the left side of the screen in front view or just the opposite group the left side of the model which does not have the fans or weighting?

2. Also In the last stage '10" you say you must run TSM Flipper of the rigger will crash. I am confused because already had me run flipper back in stage 2 ? Are you saying to run it again? Was I not supposed to run it before? What I supposed to revert back to before a flipped it?

3. I am sure sure what to do with the unasigned cp's after mirroring bones. They appear to be assigned but the mirror bones created the group that said they were not?

4. How does mirror bones plugin know not to mirror the main bones that came with the tsm flipper? Is it smart enough to just mirror the fan bones?

Any help would be much appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jason,

Guess we are kind of stuck here, since Caroline has abandoned the forum long time ago.

Anyway, I will try to clarify my workflow and have one question left myself.

beforehand: The right side of the model is on the left, when you look at it from the frontview ( Little confusing)

So what I do, have my chara, run TSM rigger adopt the rig to my mesh and asign cps,

create fan bones and cog joints, asign cps and create an on/off pose in which I create the fanbones constraints.

then I save under a new name step2.mdl or something to keep my original model untoutched

run TSM flipper HERE I would like to be able to flip cp asignments also to the left side! ( When I tried the mirror bones plugin just for the mesh

I get a warning: " no cp weights detected " , so this doesn`t work )

Next I run TSM rigger save again and test the meshbehavior in an action.

If bad meshbehavior, I correct things in my version step1.mdl and rerun the whole process.

if o.k. then, I mirror the constraints ( of my fanbones ) and am done.

(Then I would create another ON/OFF pose and hide all the fanbones, so that they wonnt get in my way during animating.)

BUT STILL NO CP ASIGNMENT FOR MY LEFT HALF.

Any help anybody? Robcat, Mark, John Bigboote, It`s just me?

PLease any help on that part would be highly apreciated?

run TSM flipper HERE I would like to be able to flip cp asignments also to the left side! ( When I tried the mirror bones plugin just for the mesh

I get a warning: " no cp weights detected " , so this doesn`t work )

Do you have "use tolerance for CP position" checked in the MirrorBone plugin? I generally use a tolerance of ".03", but you might need to make it a higher value.

I just did a very sloppy test using the MirrorBone plugin and TSM2...everything appeared to work fine. The CP Weighting mirrored and the rig installed correctly. I would have to try it in different versions of the software to be sure, but I think it should work.

>Select the bones instead of the geometry.

Thanks a lot itsjustme. Seems I didn`t understand the instructions correctly.

By the way: Is there an easy way to extend the pws bones tree completly instead of just opening each subsection manually?

Now that I have my workflow finally completed, I am pretty optimistic to show something animated in that

"new challenge" Thread soon.

Thanks again!

By the way: Is there an easy way to extend the pws bones tree completly instead of just opening each subsection manually?

Hit the asterisk key on the numpad to expand the tree of bones that are children of the selected bone...if you select the "Bones" folder and hit it, it will expand the trees of all bones in the model.

Hope that helps, Jake.

>Hit the asterisk key on the numpad to expand the tree of bones that are children of the selected bone...if you select the "Bones" folder and hit it, it will expand the trees of all bones in the model.

though according to Mark.....

>Select the body bone to use the mirrorbones plugin, on a TSM2 rigged model. It doesn't matter that the body bone doesn't and shouldn't have any cps assigned to it.

<..... it seems isn necessary to select all bones get mirrorbones plugin work.>

Thank you both for your help!