Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Current WIP

Here's a screen shot of the current project I'm working on. I'm probably at 75%. All models were done by me (the torch is a TWO model I needed for a placeholder :) )and my buddy Spear has done all the textures on the character. C&C welcome.

Updated...New camera angle

temple040.jpg

cameraB17.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't really make sense of the pictures Ilidrake, I imagine you are seeking to create a medieval setting? My suggestion would be to work from reference photos of actual castles making sure to choose ones that are of the period in which you want to set your story. All too often set designers betray their lack of research or worse, cultural centricity with sets that are a mish mash of unrelated architectural styles or simply a disneyesk personal fantasy of what for example a castle would look like. All that is missing is a sign promoting a free glass of Coke with every taco.

• Hash Fellow

Looks promising, I think the lighting is damping your efforts.

It need some careful lighting to bring out the important shapes and lead our eye to the important part of the scene.

Lighiting is a whole field in itself but there's probably a good book out there on classic movie lighting.

It need some careful lighting to bring out the important shapes and lead our eye to the important part of the scene.

Lighiting is a whole field in itself but there's probably a good book out there on classic movie lighting.

I'm with robcat the lighting in your screenshots make the scene look kinda bleak.

Also there are books and video tutorials written tutorials everywhere.

Keep it up,

Case

I can't really make sense of the pictures Ilidrake, I imagine you are seeking to create a medieval setting? My suggestion would be to work from reference photos of actual castles making sure to choose ones that are of the period in which you want to set your story. All too often set designers betray their lack of research or worse, cultural centricity with sets that are a mish mash of unrelated architectural styles or simply a disneyesk personal fantasy of what for example a castle would look like. All that is missing is a sign promoting a free glass of Coke with every taco.

Sooooo sorry if my architect skills aren't up to par with yours PaulX. The case being that this is for a game and is based off of a level in the game. What's wrong, your imagination broke? Jeez. I was wondering about things like lighting, textures, character design, that sorta feedback. Not weather my model blends well together.

Thanks robcat. What would you suggest? The leader of this project likes the lighting but I consider it too dark.

• Admin

Its looks like a dungeons and dragons scene to me so consider that a success.

The camera angles look like they are inspired by (early) video games. Another good thing? Read on...

If you can move away from the cardinal directions (front, top, etc.) I think the composition will improve considerably.

This may be a constraint of the project. Do you have a choice in camera angles?

If you do I'd say... move that camera.

Jeez. I was wondering about things like lighting, textures, character design, that sorta feedback. Not weather my model blends well together.

My suggestion here... take it or trash it as necessary.

If you ask for C&C don't be too surprised when you get it. That part of the deal. ;)

In C&C be prepared to take the good with the bad and filter through them both to improve your work.

If something doesn't apply say "Thanks" and move on.

Paul's response may have come across a bit harsh but harsh can be something you really want.

If nothing else it'll balance all the 'looks great' posts.

Sooooo sorry if my architect skills aren't up to par with yours PaulX. The case being that this is for a game and is based off of a level in the game. What's wrong, your imagination broke? Jeez. I was wondering about things like lighting, textures, character design, that sorta feedback. Not weather my model blends well together.

Sorry Ilidrake, offence was not intended. Good luck to you.

Its looks like a dungeons and dragons scene to me so consider that a success.

The camera angles look like they are inspired by (early) video games. Another good thing? Read on...

If you can move away from the cardinal directions (front, top, etc.) I think the composition will improve considerably.

This may be a constraint of the project. Do you have a choice in camera angles?

If you do I'd say... move that camera.

Jeez. I was wondering about things like lighting, textures, character design, that sorta feedback. Not weather my model blends well together.

My suggestion here... take it or trash it as necessary.

If you ask for C&C don't be too surprised when you get it. That part of the deal. ;)

In C&C be prepared to take the good with the bad and filter through them both to improve your work.

If something doesn't apply say "Thanks" and move on.

Paul's response may have come across a bit harsh but harsh can be something you really want.

If nothing else it'll balance all the 'looks great' posts.

I'm playing around with various angles and the side one is not one I really like. Perhaps something close to the ground?>??