Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Caroline Help ;-)

flashawd

Hi Caroline - awhile back you very nicely posted some printscreens showing exactly how to shape hair (material) in the timeline - it was specifically for the "feathers" of a Tucan model I had created. I am creating grass using hair material and cannot find that post, I need it to brush up on how to do it... do you mind seeing if you can find your post and send me the link? ;-)

Thanks - Eric

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - for some reason when I have the timeline open and I highlight "diffuse color" for example nothing is showing in the timeline that I can modify. Another example - when I highlight "Thickness" to modify it in the timline graph - there is no graph to modify - nothing is in the timeline section - am I doing something wrong, or not have a setting set? Thanks - Eric

You can only change the thickness in the hair emitter, not the hair system, so where it says 0.1cm. This makes sense, because you can have several emitters in one hair system with different thicknesses.

Click on the word thickness, and you should see 0 - 100% in the timeline. Move the slider to 50% and change the thickness to 1. Move the slider to 100% and change it to 0.1. You should now have a spline to play with.

Sadly, I think the diffuse colour along the length is still broken in v15.