Hash, Inc. Forums

AM 2008 rig

mtpeak2

If I can, I'll setup a pose that has the constraints setup already to use the BVH files. You may need to edit the constraint offsets for different models though. If I can set it up with expressions, that may eleminate editing the pose.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
If I can, I'll setup a pose that has the constraints setup already to use the BVH files. You may need to edit the constraint offsets for different models though. If I can set it up with expressions, that may eleminate editing the pose.

Thanks in advance for this effort Mark.

Having a premade pose such as you describe would make using BVH motion much more accessible right out the gate. :)

Hey Will, thanks.

I'm still working on the instructions and haven't posted an installer yet, the installation rig is ready barring any problems that come up. The installation rig will have only one side of the rig, the MirrorBones plugin will take care of the other side, AFTER cp assignment and weighting. Unfortunately, the rig has no squash and stretch capabilities, maybe version 2. I should have it ready in a week or so, I'm trying to incorporate the BVH pose into the rig, so all you would need to do is capture the motion in the BVH file.

Nice work, Mark! You've put some very useful pose sliders in there too.

I was wondering about the hips null and the hips controller. Is there a unique function that the hips contoller has which the hips null doesn't? The Hips Null seems to make the Hips Controller redundant, or am I missing something?

I never liked the 2001 rig but the 2008 rig is much better. Well done! :)

I was wondering about the hips null and the hips controller. Is there a unique function that the hips contoller has which the hips null doesn't? The Hips Null seems to make the Hips Controller redundant, or am I missing something?

If you turn off the "Spine/Hip_Controller" Pose, the "Hips" null will work like the 2001 rig. You get more options with the new setup. I would use the "Hips" null as more of an overall control, for things like roughing in the position of the character. I'm sure there are a lot of other uses, but that's the way I look at it.

The Hips null works like the body bone of the TSM rig. It's an overall upper body controller/whole body with FK legs on. Switching ON the steady poses in the spine folder make the head, chest and hips independent to th hips null.

I renamed the Hips null and Hips controller to something else to try to avoid any confusion.

Well, I'm back to working on the instructions again, I haven't had time to work on it this past week. I've decided to use Wink to present the instructions. With Wink I have 3 options, the standard wink format (swf) or I can export it to HTML or PDF files.

• Admin
Well, I'm back to working on the instructions again, I haven't had time to work on it this past week. I've decided to use Wink to present the instructions. With Wink I have 3 options, the standard wink format (swf) or I can export it to HTML or PDF files.

Good choice Mark.

Wink will work well for you.

I hope so, Rodney.

Well, unfortunately I'm not any further along in the instructions, but I have everything I had caught up in WINK.

I dont know a whole lot about rigging but based on what alot of users are saying and what I am seeing I am waiting patiently and looking forward to this rig being done.

Thanks for all the work on this.

Masna, on page 17 you can download 2 models with the 2008 rig installed. There is no installation rig yet posted, I'm working on the instructions to install it.

I'm through the arms for the instructions, with the hands and plugins to go.

I've been modifying the installation rig as I go through the instructions, to try to make the installation easier. The fingers are probably the hardest part of the installation, not necessarily hard, but tedious, as they always are. I hope to have the instructions done today.

PS-Boy, I can't wait for this to be done, I hate doing it, hopefully I won't have to make too many of these. ;) I know I have at least one more to do, the face rig. :( I'd rather be working on the rigs instead.

• 2 months later...

I've been experimenting with new finger controls, as added controls to the already existing ones.

Translating (Z axis) the first null controller curls the whole finger and rotating (Z axis) the first null controller curls only the second knuckle. Translating (Z axis) the second null controller curls the second and third knuckles and rotating (Z axis) the second controller curls only the third knuckle. So, translation controls multiple knuckles and rotation controls a single knuckle.

Here's a demo of how the controls work.

finger_test.mov

I'm such an idiot. So silly... so silly silly stupid stupid. Here I am working with the Thom character and the OLD 2001 rig and all this time there is Thom available with this rig... . Well, I still have a small bit of animation to do with Thom so I could switch to the new version. As was indicated in the first post "old actions" are not compatible with this rig right?

-vern

Mark Im getting something strange here ,Iv got it upto running the install and then when I runn the mirror bones it puts a Left back2 geom and Left back-geom bones in .I deleate the ones that have left in the name ,but then the left shoulder isnt connected to anything even after I re assien the cp's to the back bones ,Any idea what that could be ,using v14

Well I got that sorted it was the back bones not at 0 Like you said so thats working now BUT I have problems with the IK legs and arms ,well the left side anyway. legs if I have IK on both it works both with the right controler and there is no left one ,if I switch to fk on the left leg it works ok.and there is just no ik controler for the left arm

Could I email you the file Mark so you can take a look .Iv obviusly got something wrong here

The first thing I noticed is the " Right Thigh Fan_Geom" is out of position. It needs to orient like the "Right Thigh_Geom" bone. Copy and paste the rotate values (x,y,z) from the thigh to the fan bone. The rest of the installation looks good. It looks like you're getting the hang of it.

Ok, I did some testing, I don't know why it doesn't work with the settings I have in the instructions, it use to and does on just the rig. Trying placing a check mark in the "search for mirror only using bonename".

right_thigh_fan.jpg

mirrorbones.jpg