Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefreshestever

laughfish

just wanted to say (if anyone wonders..) that i´m almost done with the laughfish, i was pretty busy the last days so i couldn´t work much on it, but now i´m almost through... just testing his swim- and laughability.. ;)

the other two fishes will be just modifications of it, i´m going to change the decals and the general proportions, so that won´t take that long...

i´ll be able to show something tomorrow i guess...

cheers...

all right, here it is, was just waiting for hours for the test-rendering... i couldn´t help myself doing a short animation with him, nothing elaborated, just a quick test...

i have to think about some more fancy textures, maybe that one is a bit too normal... what do you think???

hope you´ll like it anyway....

laughfishtest.mov

Buhhhhaahaahahahaaaahaaaha. Love it.

Hi Sebastian,

That's awesome.

Please upload what you have to svn so I can update the status. I can't update the status until we have real files on svn to look at.

Hi Sebastian,

That's awesome.

Please upload what you have to svn so I can update the status. I can't update the status until we have real files on svn to look at.

just tried it, unfortunately it didn´t seem to work out... i got a message that my files were checked in but i couldn´t see them in the repository, so i guess it wasn´t working...

stupid application (well, obviously i´m the stupid one here ;))

could you upload it for me once again? i´ll try to get it work next time, thanks...

laughfish.zip

When I try to Update not commit the svn data i get:

"Error: Failed to add directory 'C:\Scarecrow of Oz\Data\Actors\laughfish': object of the same name already exists"

somethings up...

"Error: Failed to add directory 'C:\Scarecrow of Oz\Data\Actors\laughfish': object of the same name already exists"

somethings up...

Make a copy of your laughfish folder somewhere outside of the SO data tree (like on the desktop).

Delete the whole laughfish folder.

Then "Update".

The laughfish folder should download.

Give me a few minutes to upload the newest version though. I am just now downloading the zip file from the forum.

somethings up...

OK, the issue should be fixed now. There were two folders on the server with the same contents. One was named laughfish (lowercase) and one was named Laughfish (uppercase). That was confusing the program. What you should have on your machine now is a folder named Laughfish (uppercase).

Hi Sebastian. Would you have that laugh wav you used in the animation above?

Thanks Steve. That's quite similar to the other one!

sorry, haven´t been here for a while... :(

if you still need it, there you go... feel free to e-mail me if you need something, so you don´t have to wait 3 months... ;)

again, sorry for the delay...

greets...

laugh.wav

Don't stay away so long! So needs you! :)

Yeah man, if you ever have a few extra hours, we would love to give you another animation assignment ;)

unfortunately i don´t have any spare time at all left for the next few weeks, the pro light & sound exhibition in frankfurt is coming next month, and since my main client is in the pa-business there´s more than a lot of work for me to do... i hope i can rejoin you guys in april after the exhibition, unless my client is makin any big deals and taking even more brands into his distribution program there´s a good chance i will have some more time for fun-stuff...

i´ve startet to make a short over half a year ago, still only got one little scene done... that´s drivin me kinda crazy... ;) i need to change my life, less work - more fun!

Oh well. Enjoy the exhibition. Even doing one shot would make a difference and it's fun too! :D