Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Having problems on Windows

squee116

Hey all,

I just purchased A:M and got done installing it. The installation process seemed to go okay(although the status bars were a bit quirky). But after I got the 'installation complete' sign and hit finished I tried to open the thing. And it never opened. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I keep getting this 'Please insert the correct CD-ROM(HASH), select OK and restart application' error... I don't really get it, considering I can be running the DIAG application off the CD and still get this error. Any help please?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

just to try... reboot your computer with the CD in the drive.

Occasionally my PC will forget it has the CD in it, and no matter how many times I eject it and insert it again it won't recognize it until i restart the PC.

• Admin

The CD version requires the CD to be in the drive upon startup.

Its a software security feature. (keeps piracy at bay... keeps A:M's price low etc)

Once A:M is started you can take the CD out of the drive.

The CD version requires the CD to be in the drive upon startup.

Its a software security feature. (keeps piracy at bay... keeps A:M's price low etc)

Once A:M is started you can take the CD out of the drive.

V15 seems to have a problem.

I have Orange Orangatang and it launched fine.

I uninstall it, install V15, and it cannot find my CD.

I think it is because I have a non-standard drive configuration.

C: Boot

D: Storage HD

E: DVD/DVDRW

F: DVD/DVDRW

I have tried the disk in both E & F. Failed both times.

• Hash Fellow

I recall the last time someone mentioned this problem, it was related to some sort of CD copying/caching/virtualizing software they had running.

They didn't know they had it but they did. They swore up and down they didnt' have such a thing but it turned out they did. It may have been related to some game they installed.

I recall the last time someone mentioned this problem, it was related to some sort of CD copying/caching/virtualizing software they had running.

They didn't know they had it but they did. They swore up and down they didnt' have such a thing but it turned out they did. It may have been related to some game they installed.

Way too vague :)

This is my production machine. No games allowed.

Not to mension that v10.5 worked right before I uninstalled and installed thislatest one.

• Admin

A long shot here... but something I did years ago.

Is there a chance you installed A:M with the CD in one drive and are trying to launch it while in the other?

Probably not your solution but it took me entirely too long to figure it out myself. ;)

This is no doubt another reason why I'm a fan of the websubscription... no more CDs to lug around.

A long shot here... but something I did years ago.

Is there a chance you installed A:M with the CD in one drive and are trying to launch it while in the other?

Probably not your solution but it took me entirely too long to figure it out myself. ;)

This is no doubt another reason why I'm a fan of the websubscription... no more CDs to lug around.

Sorry for my delay in reply.

The good people at hash have changed me to a web subscription.

Problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...

Reboot is not doing the trick. It just can't find the CD. May have to go for that web version, as well.

Don't know if running on Vista Basic with a Celery...I mean Celeron M processor has anything to do with the issue or not.

Do not have the time to deal with it, right now. Work in an hour...and all that.

Are you guys that are having CD problems installing A:M off the Disk or the Internet? One thing I noticed was that if you don't pay attention a lot of times your downloaded file isn't keyed to the CD you have at the time. There's often more than one AM200X.exe able to be downloaded. If you're not getting that far it's possible that your ASPI layer in Windows is Wonky, and the best thing short of a reinstall is to google fixing a disappearing CD drive under your OS of choice. I wouldn't worry about the Celeron, I highly doubt the CPU is messing with your CD Drive as is the Layout of your Drive lettering. Another thing to check is if you're running any type of virtual drives like Daemon Tools or Alcohol, those can screw with the Copy protection on the A:M disc.

John

Probably something like Daemon Tools you are thinking about?

Daemon Tools or any of the tools that create virtual CD/DVD drives can create issues with ANY copy protected media. Although I've had fewer issues with Daemon Tools.

If you can't get it to work, uninstall any of these types of tools and then try it.

I have gotten away from tools that create virtual drives and only use imgburn (open source) for my CD/DVD imaging needs. I don't mount images virtually any more unless it's on my media library machine.

Cheers!

I have gotten away from tools that create virtual drives and only use imgburn (open source) for my CD/DVD imaging needs. I don't mount images virtually any more unless it's on my media library machine.

Cheers!

Hmmm. The hash CD has Safedisc. I don't think you can a get usable cd image by using imgburn alone or are you talking about non-Hash cds?

Are you guys that are having CD problems installing A:M off the Disk or the Internet? One thing I noticed was that if you don't pay attention a lot of times your downloaded file isn't keyed to the CD you have at the time. There's often more than one AM200X.exe able to be downloaded. If you're not getting that far it's possible that your ASPI layer in Windows is Wonky, and the best thing short of a reinstall is to google fixing a disappearing CD drive under your OS of choice. I wouldn't worry about the Celeron, I highly doubt the CPU is messing with your CD Drive as is the Layout of your Drive lettering. Another thing to check is if you're running any type of virtual drives like Daemon Tools or Alcohol, those can screw with the Copy protection on the A:M disc.

John

It was all installed off the CD. I did notice that when the disc was left out and the desktop icon was clicked, the message about not finding the CD came up right away. However, when the icon was clicked with disc, that loading box was there for fifteen or so seconds while the cd drive was being accessed. Then, the same error message would pop up. So, how could it not find the CD when it seemed to be reading the program right off the very disc it claims does not exist? Makes me think that either Vista with it's slightly different way of looking at directory structure is misinterpreting how to find this security key or V15 disc has a vital file missing from the place the program is seeking it out at.

Now, unless there's a way to include switches to correct this spot to find the file at inside the desktop icon's properties, I see nothing that can be done to fix the error, as the exe file is coming off of a read only source.