Hash, Inc. Forums

TSM trouble

A few days back I was advised to obtain the setup machine for use with my simple models. I did this and have spent a few days trying to install the rig into the model. .. with not a lot of luck.

I follow the tutorial through steadily and get all the way through to the point of installing the final rig.

That process goes through but, when I try to use the result, there is an error listed in the PWS,

"Error Loading String 5003"

When I try to use the figure in an action the cp's in the mesh don't seem to be affected by the bones so that, for example, when I move the bones in the arm the mesh just stays in the standard T position. When the pelvis is moved, likewise no response from the mesh.

Can anyone advise as to where I might be going wrong ?

Regards

simon

2 things - 1) Did you turn ON the TSM constraints (located in the poses) before trying to animate ?

2) The error message is a nuance - but doesn't appear to hurt anything- save your rigged model, close A:M and restart - I have noticed that it tends to go away or becomes less obvious

• Hash Fellow
A few days back I was advised to obtain the setup machine for use with my simple models. I did this and have spent a few days trying to install the rig into the model. .. with not a lot of luck.

I follow the tutorial through steadily and get all the way through to the point of installing the final rig.

That process goes through but, when I try to use the result, there is an error listed in the PWS,

"Error Loading String 5003"

a "String" is a piece of text.

save your character. restart A:M and reload the character and the strings errors will be gone.

one will remain that says "Error Loading String: 5002" plus one more digit. That would just say "relationship" plus a number for the relationship

but the rig still works normally even with the string error.

When I try to use the figure in an action the cp's in the mesh don't seem to be affected by the bones so that, for example, when I move the bones in the arm the mesh just stays in the standard T position. When the pelvis is moved, likewise no response from the mesh.

Can anyone advise as to where I might be going wrong ?

1) of course, you attached CPs to the bones that TSM Builder made

2)after TSM Rigger, turn "TSM constraints" ON in your pose folder

Thank you very much indeed to Bruce, Nancy and Rob for their unbelievably quich, and helpful replies.

I am going to enjoy working with this.

One further question, if I may, what do I need to turn on to get the feet targets visible ?

regards

simon ( the happy one )

• Hash Fellow
One further question, if I may, what do I need to turn on to get the feet targets visible ?

"1 right foot IK control" bone and "1 left foot IK control" bone should be set to visible in your rmodel.

you'll find them at the highest level of your bone heirarchy.

TSM only turns them off if you have switched a leg to FK mode