Hash, Inc. Forums

walk cycle

i explain again . i am animating a character, after animating for some time say 3mins i made my character stand up , them i made a walk cycle in the action window, my question is how can i now put this walking action to the already animated charater.

i have already tried adding a path, constraining my character to the path and draging and droping my created walk cycle. this is to no effect, please any one has a solution.

This is quite an indepth subject that needs knowledge in different areas.....alot of which is in the manual exercises. But to put it briefly:

In the timeline you need to click on the "Channel mode" button (see attached image). Then beside your action name, you'll see see a red bar that represents the length, start and end times of your action. From what you say, it seems that the red bar for your action is starting at the wrong time. You'll need to click the red bar and drag it to the time you want it to start.

action.jpg

i have been able to fix the channel thing. but my character is not walking along the path , i mean when i put the walk action unto the character their is no difference, i mean the chracter slides a bit along the path. what should i do now please.

• 4 weeks later...