Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

tsm doesn´t work

thefreshestever

hi @ all,

i´ve tried to rig a character with tsm2 the first time, everything worked fine and i was very impressed how easy it is to install...

but when i made an action to test it, my character didn´t move at all... the bones moved, but the character didn´t... (yes, i´ve assigned cps ;)..)

only my additional bones made cps move, eyes and eyelids...

i´m using v15, can it be that it only does work properly with older versions of a:m since the development was discontinued before v15???

thanks ahead....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Its been awhile but I think I remember...

The TSM rig must be activated.

There is a constraint setting under User Properties that must be toggled to 'On'.

I hope this is your problem. I know it threw me for a loop the first time I used a character with TSM rig installed.

My thought at the time was 'why not leave that setting toggled 'On' from the start'.

There was some reason that wasn't optimum as I recall.

Edit: The first TSM rigged character I loaded had the constraints already on.

Maybe my poor memory at work here but perhaps still worth looking at the settings...

TSMActivate.jpg

• Admin
they should have mentioned it in the manual at least, no way i would have figured it out by myself...

Same thing I thought several years ago when TSM2 was first released.

Once you encounter the problem/solution though its easy to remember isn't it?

To someone as use to rigging as Raf Anzovin and crew it may not have occurred them that others might not immediate see the answer.

But... I gotta tell you... it sure had me stumped!

So like you I asked here in the forum and it wasn't long before I got the answer.

even though i have a bunch of "error loading string" named folders in my relationships-folder it works now...

I'm under the impression you can safely delete those but... um... save a backup first! ;)

• Hash Fellow

It is mentioned in the manual under "IMPORTANT NOTES"

* IMPORTANT! Make sure that the TSM Constraints pose is turned on before you begin animating.

You can save your character with "TSM Constraints ON" so you don't have to turn it on again.

Most of the String Errors will disappear after you save your character, restart A:M and reload the character.

A:M is having trouble displaying the word "relationship" in some spots. That's an A:M problem, not really a TSM2 problem.

It's really easy to save the model with the constraint on.

Just open the User Properties section of the model in the PWS and change it to ON. Then right-click and chose "Constant" from the pop-up menu.

constraint.jpg